Ahh yes, the brave Nikki Haley
by ocnd (2024-02-20 16:19:06)

In reply to: Haley going full Liz Cheney on Trump today (link)  posted by sprack

Real profile in courage, that one. I guess we have to take what we can get, though.

Doesn't bother me at all
by El Kabong  (2024-02-20 19:38:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

She's not Trump and she's willing to criticize him in an atmosphere where that can be politically fatal.

If there's any hope for a viable GOP post-Trump, she's one of the people who can make that happen.

I get all that, but I'm going to pull a BI here
by ocnd  (2024-02-21 14:19:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

and admonish anyone for daring to take the thread in another direction.

The post specifically called out her brave moment. I'm just saying it wasn't that brave, considering a) she already has pledged to support him, and b) the Trump crowd hates her already for daring to stay in the race against their cult leader.

I don't disagree that Haley *theoretically* leading a post-Trump GOP, but time will tell on that one. Andy desperately wants the country club GOP back, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen or not.

Yep.
by Revue Party  (2024-02-21 08:08:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Will vote for her in a heartbeat.

If it's Haley vs. Biden, there's really no choice. It's easily Haley.

Well said
by ACross  (2024-02-20 21:44:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I support her and if she is not on the ballot in November I will vote for her as a write in.

Co-sign *
by domerfromkansas  (2024-02-20 20:44:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I'd take her any day of the week and twice on Sunday....
by Marine Domer  (2024-02-20 17:35:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

over Biden or Trump.

I agree *
by ACross  (2024-02-20 21:46:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Yesterday she said that she would pardon Trump if she were
by IAND75  (2024-02-20 16:59:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

elected.

One more reason I don’t want to see her as president, unless the only other option is Trump.

Can pardons be like plea deals?
by 88_92WSND  (2024-02-20 20:31:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Ie the pardoned has to follow through on certain behavior or the deal is off?

Because I have vague memories of the Nixon/Ford era, and growing up a lot of anti-Nixon voices in my family said that at first they thought it was bad that Ford pardoned him, but that looking back (this was from the mid 80s) they thought it was a good way to get it behind us. And that it got Nixon off the stage completely.

Shutting Trump up, and not giving him grievances to whine about - just suck the oxygen out of him and get him gone. At this point, he doesn't care about fines, even if he were convicted he'd be serving time in a Club Fed minimum security prison.

I think she knows that Ford’s pardon was wise *
by domerfromkansas  (2024-02-20 21:47:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

More likely she is trying to have it both ways.
by wpkirish  (2024-02-20 23:20:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The Navalny death allowed her to sharpen her criticism but up until then it was more about he will
Lose or he is spending his $ on lawyers not ads. I may have missed it but she has not stepped up and said he is not fit to hold the office and won’t answer whether she will support him.

It is okay to say she needs to say that to keep his voters but then don’t try to take credit for being a truth teller.

There isn't much she could even pardon him for *
by wcnitz  (2024-02-20 20:02:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

All too true, all too true. *
by Barney68  (2024-02-20 16:24:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Yup too little, too late
by vermin05  (2024-02-20 16:22:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Finally figured out Trump has cut her off, so no can attack at will.

Yep, bugs me too *
by sprack  (2024-02-20 16:20:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply