You're old enough to most likely have heard this joke.
by Jfs86 (2024-02-21 16:25:26)

In reply to: So you'll vote for an insurrectionist dictator wannabe *  posted by sprack

A group of explorers got captured by a tribe in the jungle. The chief gives them choice of either unga bunga or death
The first chose unga bunga because death was too horrible. All the men in the tribe then proceeded to have sex with him.

They gave the same choice to 2nd person. He chose death. Chief said death by unga bunga.

Point is voting for Trump is unga bunga. Voting for the Democrats is worse. It is choosing death by unga bunga.

To put it in an expression of yours, Trump FFS. Democrat FMFFS.

Pathetic Trumplover *
by ACross  (2024-02-21 21:33:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

You have a strange definition of Trumplover.
by Jfs86  (2024-02-22 12:15:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I have never said anything positive about his character. In 2016, he had already won the primary. He was only candidate when NJ got to vote.

I have read National Review and American Spectator since early 1990. I know of the Clintons and Biden and their flaws.

In 2016, I knew of Trump and his flaws. I also knew of HRC. I would vote for Joe Biden over HRC.

I view Biden as every bit as sleazy as Trump. And the progressive policies being pushed by Democrats are unacceptable to me.

Voting has consequences. After Watergate, the Democrats took control of Congress and built a huge administrative state. I do not want that again.

The policies pushed by the left like CRT and allowing schools to hide things from parents are more likely to occur with Democrats being elected.

I am not going to not vote for 10 to 20 years until all the Trumpers are defenestrated from the party. By then, a Democratic controlled Congress and presidency will have passed reparations and non-citizen voting. Before I get a FFS, NYC city Council has pushed for non citizens voting. Many government bodies have passed or are studying reparations.

Cross, in this thread, you said dipshits like me are ruining this country.

I disagree. I am a member of my parish finance committee. I am a member of the Knights of Columbus and Holy Name Society. I am one of the 20% who show up whenever needed. I was a member of the fathers club. I am a lector and Eucharistic minister. I belong to 3 men's prayer groups. I pray the Rosary on first Fridays.

For many of these events, we may get a maximum of 20 people. On the First Friday of February, there were 4 of us to pray the Rosary for the unborn. I have already signed up for the Lenten fish fry. The dozen of us will work 8 hours to serve 350 dinners. I have also signed up with 6 people to serve coffee to a high school father-son breakfast.

I don't break any laws with the exception of speeding. I don't see how I am ruining America.

And here I thought Church Lady was just a character on SNL.
by arasera  (2024-02-26 11:37:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

“Isn’t that special?” And who could be the leader of the Democratic Party? Let’s see…could it be…Satan???

Your history isn’t even accurate
by sprack  (2024-02-22 13:18:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

“After Watergate” the Democrats took over control of Congress?

They had control of Congress since the Eisenhower administration.

You’re voting for a guy who tried to overthrow a free and fair election. He has no respect whatsoever for the Constitution of the United States that he swore to uphold. Don’t give me this other supposedly principled bullshit.

His first post said Dems need to "denounce the Satanists."
by voidoid  (2024-02-22 13:57:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Probably not worth engaging and expecting a rational outcome, sprack.

Personally I will never denounce the Satanists - I fucking LOVE Black Sabbath.

So you’re in favor of witches at Black Masses?
by The Holtz Room  (2024-02-22 14:08:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

evil minds that plot destruction
by jt  (2024-02-22 18:45:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

sorcerer of death's construction

Haven't heard it, and it's not funny
by sprack  (2024-02-21 16:54:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

When it comes to Trump, nothing is funny. You may not care about continuing to have a representative democracy, but I do.

Well, that’s a bit dramatic. There are plenty of things….
by Marine Domer  (2024-02-21 22:01:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

about Trump that are funny. His hair, for instance, and his fake tan. I don’t think hyperbole serves the cause here, and you know I despise Trump.

Trump has no sense of humor
by sprack  (2024-02-22 10:18:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I’m returning the favor.

Trump should not be your aspirational peer. : ) *
by Marine Domer  (2024-02-23 12:17:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I am more concerned with Liberty.
by Jfs86  (2024-02-21 17:22:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

My belief is that government should protect are rights. Democracy is less important
Two foxes and a chicken voting on the menu. Protecting the rights of the chicken is more important.

I don't believe the Democrats will protect the Liberty of all its citizens.

their QB situation next year will be a mess *
by ravenium  (2024-02-22 00:05:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Sounds like you’re a libertarian….
by Marine Domer  (2024-02-21 22:06:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

But then, do you believe heroin should be illegal? Because if you do, you’re against liberty. Do you believe abortion should be legal at any time for any reason? Because if not, you’re against liberty.

Liberty is a squishy term. Should you have the “right” to walk around naked in public in front of small children? Shout fire in a crowded theater? Defame people? Because all of that is arguably “liberty.” But it also depends upon whose rights you are protecting. Do victims have rights?

I’m no Democrat, and worry about some of the modern hard left agenda, thought police, wealth tax proposals, etc. But Donald Trump certainly does not have a perfect “liberty” score.

Here’s an example. Did you support Ron DeSantis going after Disney because of their stance on LGBTQ? Was that an appropriate use of government power in pursuit of “liberty”? Was Donald Trump threatening to imprison political opponents, or threatening private corporations if they moved jobs or capital overseas “liberty?”

A libertarian who's voting for an authoritarian
by wcnitz  (2024-02-22 06:38:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Just as confused as most libertarians.

Democracy not as important.
by Revue Party  (2024-02-22 09:30:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

They say rationalizations are better than sex. When's the last time you went a week without a rationalization?

Scott Adams is also playing the hyperbolic nonsensical card to justify horrible decisions. Democracy is now dispensable if it's in the way of fealty to Trump.

THEY'RE EVIL! I can't help but picture Anakin Skywalker and his fateful horrible line of dialogue.

I'm a conservative. But there are overlaps.
by Jfs86  (2024-02-22 05:57:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I the essential right is life. All others are derived. Freedom of conscience is next as manifested in first amendment. I do believe society can have restrictions because many activities may be desired by individuals but harmful to society at large.

My school board is being sued by state. NJ believes certain information should not be shared with parents. Ultimately, someone makes the decision. Who gets to do it? If the federal or state governments disapprove of something should they censor it?

I haven't said anything positive about Trump. I would prefer he wasn't running. But, that still leaves us with the Democrats.

Great post. *
by ocnd  (2024-02-21 22:31:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Nice use of a capital L
by ACross  (2024-02-21 21:35:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

A gambling degenerate would call that a tell.

Dipshits like you are ruining our Country.

Do you have an example of a non Democratic nation that also
by wpkirish  (2024-02-21 18:15:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

protects individual rights / liberties?

That makes no sense whatsoever *
by sprack  (2024-02-21 17:50:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It is Gibberish. *
by ACross  (2024-02-21 21:36:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply