So what are your favorite Olympic Sports
by trout (2016-08-05 20:09:21)

I was a track athlete so I love that sport.

I also like equestrian, gymnastics, swimming and boxing.

I watched Side Out last week so beach volleyball. *
by Tdiddy07  (2016-08-08 22:51:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Track, swimming, paddling, rowing, windsurfing, rugby, ...
by Rocksteady74  (2016-08-08 16:25:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... volleyball.

I like watching a bit of badminton and table tennis as well.

Women's 8 Boat and Women's 10,000 meter Go Irish!! *
by KOOLINSC  (2016-08-08 00:09:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Track, volleyball, cycling, marathon, swimming. *
by rallying son  (2016-08-07 20:23:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Olympic Village Salami Hide *
by Porpoiseboy  (2016-08-07 19:47:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This year it's the shot put. Joe Kovacs is a great story. *
by EMK64  (2016-08-07 13:51:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Volleyball, sailing, wrestling
by vitadulcedospes  (2016-08-06 22:43:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree that the sports where the Olympics are the pinnacle are the only ones worthy of attention.

I'm a curmudgeon who doesn't like many of the sports that have been added in recent years. Beach volleyball, trampoline, BMX cycling, etc. Race walking sucks, too.

I like watching the superstar events with big egos
by WilfordBrimley  (2016-08-06 15:12:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and big rivalries. That automatically includes the 100m, 200m, and 4x100m in both men's and women's. You can probably throw the 400m in there as well. The big swimming events (relays, medleys, freestyle) are in there.

I will still watch men's basketball, but it's not nearly as compelling as it was when the rest of the world didn't suck on eggs all of the sudden.

Beach volleyball is fun as hell to watch, as is team handball.

I enjoy watching the games most have played
by DBCooper  (2016-08-06 13:44:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As a recreational activity like badminton, table tennis, archery, etc. I like watching most of the pure Olympic sports where the Olympics is the pinnacle of the game. I don't really care about tennis or golf and not really basketball anymore. I really love watching team handball. Why that's not popular in the US I'll never understand.

Swimming followed by anything without a judge
by DakotaDomer  (2016-08-06 07:40:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

i don't even watch gymnastics anymore

Track and field all the way with some swimming.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2016-08-06 00:54:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Field hockey and rugby will also get seen in this house.

Shooting
by T_Allen  (2016-08-05 21:17:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unfortunately it's hard to catch on TV. I shot competitively (both air rifle and archery) as a kid, and enjoy shooting to this day. What they can do at this level is amazing. I guess that can be said for every sport though.