Follow up: Unranked UNC defeats Duke
by Otter (2019-03-30 23:23:07)

In reply to: They’re idiots.  posted by Otter

Here’s a fun fact: If ND does beat Duke it will give the Blue Devils their 3rd ACC loss and knock them out of an ACC Tourney spot. That would be something

In the past yes, but not anymore
by tf86  (2019-04-01 11:30:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beginning this year, all five ACC teams will qualify for the conference tournament.

Not really.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-03-31 01:46:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All 5 teams play in the ACC Tournament this season.

4 and 5 play a play-in sort of game to become the 4th seed.

Dang it.
by Otter  (2019-03-31 18:24:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't know they made that change. Having Duke left out would have been delicious. I guess it makes sense. Theoretically you could have five teams all go 2-2. Unlikely but you'd leave someone out on goal differential or strength of schedule? I guess letting the 5th team in has merit.

Just take solace...
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-03-31 19:10:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in Duke hoops losing.