No Official Announcement from ND?
by molecular (2023-06-01 10:06:29)

I seem to get bombarded with ND emails asking me for money or celebrating the lunch lady who successfully served 27 consecutive years of circus lunches without dropping a hot dog, but I have not seen anything celebrating our first national championship in lacrosse or offering championship merchandise.

This is very disappointing.

The Monogram Club newsletter had news and photos.
by MobileIrish  (2023-06-01 17:52:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was sent out yesterday.

Email is going away as a medium
by Otter  (2023-06-01 14:29:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm older than you (based on graduation class) and would expect an email. That said, the University has done a lot on twitter and other social media. Fr. Jenkins tweeted his congratulations.

I agree that a formal email announcing the championship would reach a lot of stakeholders than don't follow ND accounts on twitter religiously.

I got an email with both earlier this week
by ndaero93  (2023-06-01 14:16:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Headline: "Men's Lacrosse Wins NCAA Championship Title!"

- link to article about the game
- details on purchasing gear

The team never came back to campus because they are in Germany, so there hasn't been any welcome/celebration here for them.

Alumni Association - News and notes (everyone is in Reunion mode) and alumni engagement

Development Office - Asking for money

Athletics - News about sports

All have their own subscription management. Athletics is at und.com

I've gotten emails and have purchased a Lacrosse
by TWO  (2023-06-01 11:17:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nat'l Championship T-Shirt.

Go to the ND Fanatics site.

Thanks for sharing
by molecular  (2023-06-01 11:50:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But that isn't the same as ND sending out an email congratulating the team. That is what disappoints me.

Except they did
by El Kabong  (2023-06-01 15:48:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I got two of them, including the one other people have cited.

What specifically were you looking for them to do?

I did not receive any emails from ND
by molecular  (2023-06-01 16:23:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, I saw their posts on instagram and twitter.

ND sends emails about other topics, and also sends links to merchandise for major accomplishments. I did not receive any emails from them.

I'm curious what you received. Is there official championship merchandise from the ND bookstore?

Thanks.

I got two of the same email Aero93 did...
by El Kabong  (2023-06-01 17:03:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...with a link to the story on UND.com and another link to the shop for gear.

One went to my alumni email address and the other to the address I use for my tickets.

I guess I stand corrected
by molecular  (2023-06-01 17:07:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I did not receive those emails. I am receiving other emails from ND so I know they have the right email address for me.

Glad to hear the email was sent for those of us who aren't savvy about social media.

Yes, There's a Slew of Shirts and Hats at Hammes *
by dillon77  (2023-06-01 16:48:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post