I gave up the “F” word for Lent last year. Decided I used it
by irishguard78 (2024-04-17 22:18:44)

In reply to: Am I Unique?  posted by nDTwice

Too often. At first it was difficult. I think I’ve used it six times since the beginning of last Lent. I now look for other words to express my emotions, dissatisfaction or anger. Oh I still swear, but this Lent I tried cutting back on that as well. I still swear on occasion, but now I say dang, darn, shoot, crud and jeepers……nothing like I used to.

F***that ! *
by LAW83  (2024-04-19 16:04:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Shut the front door!" is now my go to phrase. *
by 84david  (2024-04-18 09:27:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That phrase drives me up the wall
by El Kabong  (2024-04-19 10:19:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's like people who say "glassbowl" and "sugar".

If you're going to curse, curse. If you're not, don't throw in bullshit words that don't mean what you're trying to make them mean. You can call someone a jerk, you can say "doggone it" or something if swearing bothers you so much.

Not to single you out, it's just a pet peeve of mine.

You remind me of some Mormons I used to know
by jt  (2024-04-18 00:47:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

OH FIDDLE!

Ha….i used to spend too much time at the trading desk
by irishguard78  (2024-04-18 21:54:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Positions gone bad, getting picked off, just general cursing. I never lost it and decided it wasn’t particularly appropriate as an older man. Mormon? Aw fudge….. Hardly.