Are you watching Fallout?
by Wooderson (2024-04-19 10:17:02)

In reply to: I study nuclear science.  posted by Porpoiseboy

I'm a casual fan of the games (too much time to complete, too many kids to get any screentime, played 10-15 hrs worth when single).

You stick Walton Goggins into anything and I'll watch it. They nailed the aesthetic perfectly. Enough nods to the people in the know, while build a world to people who aren't familiar.

First ep gives vibes of early HBO Westworld (also directed by Jonathan Nolan) but I think they have a bit more backstory to mine to progress forward (game series is 25yo).

I am loving it so far.

They perfectly capture the atmosphere of the world
by wcnitz  (2024-04-19 10:53:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And lots of easter eggs for fanboys like me. I go back to New Vegas.

Ella Purnell is absolutely delightful.

Not yet but I will.
by Porpoiseboy  (2024-04-19 10:36:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I turned it on the other night and realized I would fall asleep 3 minutes in I was so tired. So I turned it off. True story.

Same. Took 3 tries to get past the opening
by Wooderson  (2024-04-19 11:30:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On account of screaming children.

When one twin likes biting the other twin, things get rough.

When bitey starts biting her much larger old brother, things get worse.

When it happens in one room at the same time while our 12yo shih tzu is shitting on the carpet, yeah, I get one hour every Thursday night to watch a show I want because when the clock hits 10 I have to go see who's screaming.

14 years till college...

okey dokey *
by El capitan  (2024-04-19 11:16:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She's a beaut.
by Wooderson  (2024-04-19 11:26:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Loved Kyle Maclachlan getting his Paul Atreides on. Old man still has it.