I think you probably know what I mean by gun culture.
by LondonDomer (2018-02-14 21:50:32)

In reply to: 'gun culture'  posted by wcnitz

And of course it’s not the standard gun owner. But America’s fascination and obsession with guns, even the guys as WB says below with the Yeti cooler and a $3500 AR, is absolutely unique to America. No where else in the world is like that even countries with very high rates of gun ownership. It would be very weird for a Swiss man to pull out his new AR15 at a dinner party and show his friends. That shit happens all the time in American suburbs. Now do I think Joe the accountant with his AR is a danger? No. But the gun culture around him needing a semi auto weapon with a 20 round mag is weird.

I know several people with some type of AR-15
by wcnitz  (2018-02-15 05:19:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

None of them have ever pulled it out to show someone at dinner.

You have a perception of 'gun culture'. Whatever it is, this guy wasn't a part of it anyway.

I kinda think he was.
by LondonDomer  (2018-02-15 14:45:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Posing with his guns, taking pictures of all his guns spread across his bed, bragging about his growing "arsenal" -- that is EXACTLY the gun culture I'm talking about. And it's a common thread amongst these perpetrators -- behavior just like that, glorifying guns and violence.

You know better people than I do. There is definitely a
by inigomontoya  (2018-02-15 07:51:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

weird gun culture for a percentage of gun owners and even if you want to call it 5 percent that is lot of weirdos.

I would also say for the CPL people, that aren’t business owners with lots of cash, their is a lot of unhealthy paranoia over the perceived need to strap on a pistol every day.

My wife is I the medical field in rural Georgia. She estimates over 50% of her patients come in armed and have to put their guns on the chair when getting examined. Some have multiple guns, you know, just in case.