Fleet Week + Am Society of Nephrology in town
by NWEndzone (2018-08-15 15:36:31)

In reply to: Need San Diego help. Heading to the Navy game  posted by ColoraDomer

Hotels may be tight and/or expensive.

Harbor and Gaslamp/PetCo Park areas are very Hotel rich and tourist friendly

I personally like Little Italy. Great food and nightlife, if that’s your thing.

If you don’t want to be in the city and have money to burn, head for LaJolla or Del Mar. The Estancia (ND family ownership ties with Trinitas cellars), and Lodge at Torrey Pines are both great.

Fleet Week is always a nice party,
by bizdomer09  (2018-08-15 16:13:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but nothing can come close to Kidney Week. Nephrologists gone wild.

Those nephrologists can cut loose
by jmac95  (2018-08-15 18:05:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of my nephrologist colleagues told me that at their meeting a few years ago, their keynote speaker for the conference was George Lopez.

He apparently has a history of getting a kidney transplant ( his wife at the time was the donor, they apparently have since divorced).

I would be interested in seeing the juxtaposition of his comedy style paired with a bunch of buttoned up nephrologists.

Practice this line; Hi Sailor, new in town? *
by BacTien  (2018-08-15 17:41:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post