Creature Feature horror lesson
by anthro_domer (2018-10-16 11:19:50)

There could be a lot more in this one, but I'd be here all day and no one's paying me to do.

Jaws: If you've seen Jaws you can probably thank it for every body of water being a shark infested doom hole. The music is iconic, which is usually very important for horror movies (see Halloween and the exorcist)

An American werewolf in London. There's a handful of werewolf movies I could put in, but this has the most iconic transformation scene and is a good movie overall.

Alien: another classic in all aspects. The slow build and tense isolation are great.

The Thing: my personal favorite horror movie. The special effects are legendary. A study in the unknown being a bitch. Also Kurt Russel is an American treasure.

Them!: There's a lot of there's types of movies in the 50s rejecting the fears of nuclear bombing fallout. This is probably the most well known (well besides Godzilla).

Child's play: a personal favorite because the idea tortured me for years growing up as I was sure my stuffed animals were out to kill me. It's cheesy and not really good, but it's fun to watch and laugh at. My favorite scene is when Chucky hits a full grown woman with a tiny hammer and knocks her about 10 feet backwards and out a window.

Replies: