I don't think Jaws is a creature feature.
by ltperry64 (2018-10-16 12:00:27)

In reply to: Creature Feature horror lesson  posted by anthro_domer

It belongs to the killer animal genre like Orca or Grizzly.

What, exactly, is the difference?
by ndtnguy  (2018-10-16 12:17:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Creature Feature" sounds awfully akin to "Killer Animal."

That being said, I don't think "dolls" are either animals or creatures in the conventional sense.

Creature features usually have a monster of some sort.
by ltperry64  (2018-10-16 12:25:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't dispute that Jaws is ultimately a horror movie. But if we're slicing an dicing things here, it doesn't belong in this category. Nuclear monsters? Giant mutants attacking cities? Aliens? Sure. Jaws? No.

The shark is . . . a monster
by ndtnguy  (2018-10-16 12:36:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not just some ordinary shark that eats someone and then swims off into oblivion.

I fail to see the difference between a movie about an entirely fictitious monster (e.g., Creature from the Black Lagoon) and a movie about a non-fictitious creature given fictitious, monster-like qualities.

The shark is .... a shark *
by ltperry64  (2018-10-16 13:45:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Candygram *
by Father Nieuwland  (2018-10-16 20:19:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree. The shark is so beyond a normal shark
by anthro_domer  (2018-10-16 12:38:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That I consider it a creature.

Also, I couldn't think of another category it goes in. So there's that.