Kimi's memorial will be this Saturday in San Diego.
by irish gypsy (click here to email the poster) (2019-01-10 23:18:43)
Edited on 2019-01-11 13:01:09

CJ just sent the following information:

"Here are the details for Kimi’s memorial service in San Diego.  I’ve been asked to speak. Anyone is welcome to attend." -CJ

Kimi Lindsey-Schroder’s Memorial Service will be this Saturday at 11:30 AM:

Metropolitan Community Church
2633 Denver Street
San Diego, CA

I will be sending a big bouquet of flowers on behalf of "Kimi's Notre Dame Friends." If you'd like to send some separately, feel free to email me no later than Friday noon (Pacific time), and I can give you the contact info for the preferred florist who is handling the memorial flowers.

We still have some money left in Kimi's fund from our most recent collection last year. CJ, mkovac, and I have been discussing the possibility of some sort of memorial for her at Notre Dame. Perhaps a butterfly garden near the children's playground just east of the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center or at the Robinson Community Center? Maybe a bench honoring both her and Konrad Reuland? Maybe a "Kimi's Corner" reading nook?

Feel free to offer suggestions.

We need to discuss the possibilities with the appropriate contacts at ND and take it from there.

Stay tuned, and again, many thanks to all of you who have prayed for her, donated to her "Fun Fund," bought Girl Scout Cookies or glasses cases, sent her special treats care of her crazy uncle...

Kimi appreciated our love. It made a difference to know she had so many Irish friends cheering her on.

-NOTE: Punctuation edited to make clear what's from CJ and what's irish gypsy. He will be there and will speak at the memorial. Irish gypsy will not be able to get there in time. (I live in MN and am supposed to travel to NY on Sunday.)

Thank you.
by mkovac  (2019-01-12 13:49:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It used to be, when I thought of Kimi, I would say a prayer for her.

Now, when I think of her, I say a prayer for her uncle, cj, and all the others who helped her smile and deal with her illness.

I also still pray for Kimi, to ease her transition into the pain-free new world she has entered.

But, the tears are falling, as they must. As they will for a long time coming.

Thanks for all you ‘ve done for Kimi & for representing us
by smcteacher  (2019-01-11 12:54:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on Saturday. Safe travels.

Thank you! We have a beautiful arrangement on its way to
by irish gypsy  (2019-01-11 13:07:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

honor her—not a traditional funeral spray, but a bouquet primarily in pinks and whites, celebrating her innocence and love of ballet, with sparks of blue (for her love of the ocean and its creatures), some purple (for her joyous energy), and other dashes of color just because a beautiful girl deserves beautiful flowers.

Unfortunately, I cannot get to San Diego in time for her memorial. But I know there are other NDN folks in the area who are going to try to make it.

God Bless You Irish Gypsy & God Bless Kimi! *
by Jammer  (2019-01-11 11:17:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you for all you’ve done for Kimi
by GU82ND4ever  (2019-01-11 09:02:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And continue to do. You gave her joy and encouragement throughout her long battle, and I am sure that strengthened her to give cancer everything she had. Thanks for being such a tremendous friend to Kimi, cj, and all her family.

Thank you for all you have done
by ndaero93  (2019-01-11 08:18:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The coordination has been appreciated, especially for those of us that do not always know the best ways to chip in. And thank you for representing all of us on Saturday!

Let us know if you need anything when you hear from ND about a potential memorial.

I have a question - knowing that it is Girl Scout Cookie Season (was Kimi still participating?) is there any way that we could look into one last cookie drive in her honor for her old Troop?

'93

I was thinking about the cookies over the weekend, even
by irish gypsy  (2019-01-11 13:12:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

before we got the bad news.

I'll check with cj to see if Kimi got to do much with her scout troop this year. The truth is that the last several months were very difficult for her physically, and I'm not sure she was able to.

While helping out her troop in Kimi's name would be wonderful, I think the feeling among people who have reached out to cj and me over the past week is that folks want to try to do some kind of more lasting memorial.

Stay tuned...

Thx for all of the coordination Gypsy - God Bless Kimi *
by Caber  (2019-01-11 06:36:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, thank you , Irish Gypsy. You are appreciated.
by ndrooter  (2019-01-12 00:08:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I love the idea of a butterfly garden near the children's playground on campus. Our grandchildren have played there when on campus for games , Easter or weddings. It is a very nice spot and one that will be used for a long time to come by children, justing having fun , as Kimi played so many ways when she was well enough. It would keep her memory in a happy place. Let us know when contributions are needed for whatever is decided. Thanks for sending the flowers, too, I saw your post about the services too late .

* + ~ Seconded ~ + *
by Jess  (2019-01-11 08:52:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thirded *
by ndwifemom  (2019-01-11 16:26:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post