Do you have a bucket list? What are your top choices?
by The Flash (2019-02-20 15:42:08)
Edited on 2019-02-20 16:41:28

I haven't shared these with my beloved wife.

6. Sell a feature movie screenplay to Universal Studios for $22,222,222.22.

5. Climb Mt. Vinson in Antartica.

4. Run with the bulls in Pamplona and walk El Camino de Santiago

3. Defeat The Antichrist in a game of chess as soon as he/she/it goes public

2. Kiss Kathrine Zeta Jones

1. Buy the last company that laid me off for 1% of book value, lay off
all the officers, directors, executives, and managers; onshore all the
jobs they previously offshored in the last thirty years; give promotions
and lavish raises and bonuses to everyone who is left; sell it back to
the sellers for 200% what I paid for it. Write a book about it. Produce a
movie about it. Teach the case in MBA schools all across the world.

I've kissed someone
by angel  (2019-02-21 14:00:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...who's kissed Catherine Zeta Jones.

Does that count?

Was she hot?
by The Holtz Room  (2019-02-21 19:16:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry, just stirring the pot

Fyre Festival.
by doolinbanjos  (2019-02-21 13:12:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Missed the last one.

Attend or organize
by JC_90_94  (2019-02-21 18:45:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You'd have more fun organizing, but you might go to jail.

I'm sympatico with one of those.
by Ofcr. Tim McCarthy  (2019-02-21 10:57:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1. Mt. Erebus.

2. Mt. Kailash.

3. Space.

TGI Friday’s in Dublin w/ Andy, Clown Seminar w/ akaRon,
by The Holtz Room  (2019-02-20 22:13:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and the Democratic National Convention with Tim Kelley

This would need to be a Netflix documentary *
by graNDfan  (2019-02-21 11:10:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just one.
by mkovac  (2019-02-20 21:10:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go back in time and make sure JFK and Jackie live through Dallas, and keep Officer Tippet safe.

And make sure Marina Oswald is safely away from her prick husband.

That’s it, Lord.

If I have to wait for another life in an alternate dimension to go back in time, that’s cool. If you can see your way clear to let me be 21, a White House intern, and an invitee to a few of JFK’s pool parties, that would be the cherry on top of the icing.

If you don’t read the book, at least watch the mini-Series
by The Holtz Room  (2019-02-20 21:16:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

11/23/63

Thank you for the recommendation, HR
by mkovac  (2019-02-20 22:52:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't have Hulu, but I might have to see about joining or perhaps purchasing the DVD.

Edit: I went ahead an purchased the DVD from Amazon.

Without your recommendation, it would have been one of those things I would have kept putting off.

Have you read 11/22/1963 by Stephen King? *
by cpg89  (2019-02-20 21:15:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep. It pissed me off.
by mkovac  (2019-02-20 22:39:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I preferred “A Time To Remember” by Stanley Shapiro.

“Replay” by Ken Grimwood was in the same time travel vein. It got a Best Novel Award for 1988, as I recall. It was excellent

thanks, I'll have to look into those *
by cpg89  (2019-02-21 08:48:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Appear as a contestant on Jeopardy
by rutfilthygers  (2019-02-20 20:09:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've had three in-person auditions but haven't gotten the call yet.

I'd like to publish a novel someday. I've got a few drafts in progress but haven't worked on them in a while.

Travel-wise I have too many left to list them all, but I'm hoping to get to London, Rome, Paris, Prague, Vienna, and a few other places.

I only have one.
by PWK2  (2019-02-20 18:02:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't die in pain, cold and alone.

If it doesn't come true, it just wasn't meant to be.

Having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I
by The Holtz Room  (2019-02-20 18:21:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

wanna go.

I like to add things ad hoc just before I purchase them.
by tdiddy07  (2019-02-20 17:44:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That makes it easier to justify impulsive decisions like flying to New York on three days notice to take a girl to a Billy Joel concert at the Garden. Or to buy a $200 ticket for Elton John next week. I've definitely always wanted to see Sir Elton at a glamorous venue like US Bank Arena. Better add those to the list so I can cross them off while there's still time.

One of these days, I'll finally see Van in concert. I almost did that the week after Billy Joel, but ended up having a conflict.

I also check out Red Rocks every once in awhile to see if anyone is worth playing to head out there.

bucket 'o money *
by 84david  (2019-02-20 16:47:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

bag 'o glass *
by abqgant  (2019-02-20 18:04:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Log *
by grnd  (2019-02-20 18:12:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't until you posted this
by Paddy O'Furniture  (2019-02-20 16:27:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Had I had one before, I struck out.

Solo Dinner with Fr. Ted
Interview w/ Muhammed Ali
Interview w/John Wooden
They all died on me.

So now your question prompts the following:
A year of Month Long Trips
Dinner at The White House
An Honorary Degree from a Prestigious University that means absolutely nothing.

Based on your track record, please update your list to:
by shawno3  (2019-02-20 17:17:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Solo dinner with shawno3's MIL
Interview with the Michigan football program
Interview with all left lane squatters

These are illustrious choices. I should plan them, too. *
by The Flash  (2019-02-20 16:32:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But wait, there's more...
by Paddy O'Furniture  (2019-02-20 16:31:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm realizing things I set back in 1991 that I've already been working on:

1) Visit the 7 Wonders of the world (5 more to go)
2) See each major team, play its sport in it's home stadium and include Wimbeldon, World Cup, etc.
3) Spend at least a weak in every country. (I need to recount, but last year got Cuba, Fiji, China, & UK ticked off the list)

All of these will appear in my top 50. Thank you, friend. *
by The Flash  (2019-02-20 16:33:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mine
by graNDfan  (2019-02-20 16:13:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1) trip to Austrailia / New Zealand with wife and family

2) Take my Daughter back to Ethiopia when she is an adult

3) live longer Sprack (it used to be survive on NDnation longer than Atticus, but that's another story)

#3 will be difficult *
by The Flash  (2019-02-20 16:25:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mostly around traveling.
by irishsundevil  (2019-02-20 16:03:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1. Trip to Bali
2. See a Rugby or Soccer World Cup
3. Backpack in Yellowstone NP.

I am liking your #2
by The Flash  (2019-02-20 16:24:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yellowstone is heavenly. Go.

I’ve made it to 7 other NP. Backed in 4.
by irishsundevil  (2019-02-20 17:35:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yellowstone will hopefully be on then agenda in 2020. This years it’s the Smokey’s.

My three
by El Kabong  (2019-02-20 15:53:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Trip to Bora Bora.
Trip to Vegas during the NCAA tourney (doing that this year)
Taking the Chunnel train.

I did #3 last August
by sprack  (2019-02-20 18:22:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What's great about it is you start in central London and end up in central Paris (or vice versa) in less time than it takes to ride the slooooow-boat-to-China South Shore to South Bend from Chicago.

Other than that, it's a European high speed train. And security is not normal train station security (i.e. practically nonexistent), it's airport security. Oh, and the UK is outside the Schengen area, so you're going to go through passport control and customs.

Oh, and when you're in the Chunnel, there's nothing to see out the window. Not even downtown Gary, Indiana.

But it does beat what's in second place by a country light year.

Second all this. *
by doolinbanjos  (2019-02-21 13:10:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shit, I've done all three
by Taxman  (2019-02-20 17:50:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess I have no reason to live.

Dude, you’ve got a few Final Fours to look forward to!
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-02-20 20:54:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don’t give up!

(Come back to the pit!)

The Eurostar is just a train.
by milhouse  (2019-02-20 16:40:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And it's not a particularly nice one, at that. Still cool to be able to say you did it, I guess.

I concur.
by irisharab  (2019-02-20 16:54:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I took the Eurostar back in 1999. The train itself was nothing special. I doubt that it has changed dramatically in the last 20 years.

Should one avoid hostels in Italy and Greece?
by The Flash  (2019-02-20 16:56:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or are they civil, cordial, safe and clean?

Maybe avoid the ones in Slovakia.
by doolinbanjos  (2019-02-21 13:38:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you asking if the hostels are hostile? *
by sprack  (2019-02-20 18:24:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not if you do it the way Tom Cruise did
by El Kabong  (2019-02-20 16:48:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hanging off a windshield wiper on the back.

If you do Bora Bora, make sure to stay at the Four Seasons. *
by irishaddict  (2019-02-20 16:37:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why? *
by The Flash  (2019-02-20 16:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's the best resort on the motu. *
by irishaddict  (2019-02-20 16:50:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Got it!
by The Flash  (2019-02-20 16:53:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you.