Actually obvious
by captaineclectic (2019-04-22 09:27:55)

In reply to: It's so obvious that Barethon's bastard's bastard ends up  posted by fontoknow

Theon, Scar-Face Girl Who’s Gonna Defend the Crypt, Bran, Brienne, and Grey Worm are toast.

Hard no on Bran.
by Wooderson  (2019-04-22 20:07:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The others, yes.

More importantly, here’s who will still be alive at the end of the show:

Edd
Sam
Sansa
Bronn
Sandor
Gendry
Arya
Davos
Pod

One of Jon/Dany won’t make it.

Jorah got a Valyrian steel sword, chekov would be proud (6 eps, two eps per acts, showed the gun in the first act, gotta fire it in the second). He’ll likely die though.

The crypts of winterfell are bing played up to the nth degree, next ep should be fire.

One of the Lannister boys will live. Jamie likely needs to die, and i’d Put good money on him killing Cersei with Oathkeeper while saying “the things I do for Love”.

Also, Holland reed exists in-show, we may get him as deus ex machina to seal off the neck, unless Cersei sends her forces over the seas. Yara can’t get her ships to the opposite coast.

The citadel may burn, too. Too much set up in the books.

If one of the Lannister boys survives
by sprack  (2019-04-23 11:17:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It will no doubt be Tyrion. And I bet Jamie dies killing the Night King. You heard it here first. OK, maybe you haven't heard it here first.

Was Jaime given Oathkeeper?
by Wooderson  (2019-04-23 16:03:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If so, he's back in play in a meaningful way.

you haven't thought through all the moves
by airborneirish  (2019-04-22 15:44:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The onion knight is toast. He saw shirine in the girl and when she is about to be toast he will sacrifice himself. There was too much foreshadowing of his ability to survive many battles. He won't here.

I think he’ll live
by captaineclectic  (2019-04-22 16:14:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But have to watch the girl die in front of him.

what is he
by airborneirish  (2019-04-22 16:48:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the watcher of dying girls? Man you're cold.

The murder of Shirene is embematic of the liberties
by Irishlawyer  (2019-04-22 18:51:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the show runners have taken with Martin's material. The Stanis in the book would NEVER have killed that girl or allowed her to be killed - not even for the iron throne.

I think it would be the first time he's had to
by chuck99  (2019-04-22 17:48:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he was not there when Shirene was burned.

my bad *
by airborneirish  (2019-04-22 17:57:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Scar faced girl...
by iudomer  (2019-04-22 14:56:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

might be Melisandre.

If Brienne goes, I hope Tormund does too.
by Tjmcfly  (2019-04-22 09:52:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brienne won’t go in this battle
by DakotaDomer  (2019-04-22 18:24:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She still needs to “Knight” someone after the battle.

She dies in Jaimie's arms sooner or later.
by OITLinebacker  (2019-04-23 16:17:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My guess is later saving Jaimie from Bron's assassination attempt, where Jaimie finds out Cersi sent Bron. Jaimie realizes what's up and chokes out Cersi with a cold, gold hand and his warm hand.

Disagree on one
by wcnitz  (2019-04-22 09:30:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bran - I think his line was ambiguous, and traditional storytelling prescribes that Jaime must die once his redemption arc is complete. Never a guarantee with GRRM, though, but I've always felt like Jaime would die killing Cersei or just after killing her.

Kind of agree
by Killian  (2019-04-22 10:19:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I also think after the speech last night about the NK wanting him dead because he is basically the only memory of the past he has to survive now. It basically said if Bran dies, NK wins.

Absolutely
by wcnitz  (2019-04-22 10:28:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which makes me think the NK might detour Winterfell, burn down the Citadel then head east and level King's Landing while what's left of the northern army retreats south.

I could see him head to Citadel first
by Killian  (2019-04-22 12:48:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Remember when Sam checked in the guy told him that these books contain the entire history of man. Maybe NK goes there to destroy that first and then comes back for Bran. I dont think he goes to Kings Landing. He has to die at Winterfell. I still think there is something to do with the dagger Arya has that she got from Bran. I also think they foreshadowed it in E2 when she was throwing those daggers in front of Gendry.
I also think Melisandre has to show back up at some point in the battle too. Part of the endgame might be her having to burn the weir wood tree to keep the NK dead?

The only reason why I think he goes to KL
by wcnitz  (2019-04-22 12:54:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is due to Dany's vision in the house of the undying that shows her the throne room, without a roof, and snow falling in it. And the dragon flying over KL that Bran sees in a vision.

I don't think Jaime's arc is complete
by pmac98  (2019-04-22 09:43:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

until he kills Cersei. He and Tyrion still need to evade Bronn - a few more episodes for both Lannister brothers.

Brienne's though? Complete and toast in episode 3.

Also toast is Ser Jorah, Edd and Tormund.

Indeed, Jaime is not done yet *
by Allumeuse  (2019-04-22 12:25:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Right
by wcnitz  (2019-04-22 14:29:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Has to kill Cersei. And Cersei may be undead by then.

The prophecy refers to her 'pale, white throat'.