They met in high school
by p.s. I am not a crackpot (2019-09-02 11:12:14)

In reply to: What a weird scenario  posted by ndtnguy

John was a senior and Ellie was a junior. They married after John finished grad school.

If she is a teacher
by DBCooper  (2019-09-02 14:06:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She sounds like the type who ends up banging the 15 year old in her class

This does add an interesting twist
by Tex Francisco  (2019-09-02 13:11:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is it possible John was the only man she had been with up until the stripper? I'm not sure if that's a mitigating factor, but maybe it could be if he wanted it to be.

Possible but not lilely
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-09-02 13:15:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Give the ensuing events.

That likely diminishes the relevance of my third thought.
by ndtnguy  (2019-09-02 11:40:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In some ways that makes the whole thing even weirder.

It might make it more understandable
by pmcdnd96  (2019-09-02 14:51:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who would possibly think it was "normal" for somebody to fuck a stripper at a bachelorette party?
1.) A complete whore
2.) A very naive fool who lacks life experience under the influence of her party girl maid of honor

I wonder
by ndtnguy  (2019-09-02 15:52:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have to be way beyond conventional levels of naive for (2). Because you not only have to be naive enough, in the standard sense, to accept the story that it's "normal," you also have to be sufficiently unmoored to conclude that "normal" is the same as "acceptable."

I also wonder what the true n for this sort of thing is. How "normal" is it really? Nashville has become the bachelorette-party capital of the country in the last few years. The groups I see roaming downtown do not tend to exude an "I'm here for a little chaste fun" air. (Ask the same question for the other sex as well, but they don't seem to stand out the same way.)