How about some old school country music?
by LocalSubAlum (2019-10-17 18:58:17)

This may have limited appeal here but I don't care. Also, about 90% of what they call country music today is absolute garbage.

Here is my playlist that goes by that same name (link)
by Nitschke  (2019-10-18 14:34:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes. It does include the theme from Dukes of Hazard.

excellent list *
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-10-18 15:43:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

both outstanding--here's one of my favorites...
by abqgant  (2019-10-17 21:26:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

always reminds me of Wetbird. He liked the old school stuff as well.

Thanks for that and for mentioning wetbird.
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-10-17 21:34:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You are right, he liked the old school stuff.

I was talking to IrishJoeinnc recently and he said the only time he and wetbird ever got into an argument on the board was the time Joe said Willie Nelson couldn't sing.

Does this ring a bell? I was in SW Wyoming about
by 1002  (2019-10-18 05:33:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

35 years ago and heard a song on the jukebox with the chorus: "C'mon Willie, tell 'em you're not a cowboy, just a long-haired hippie singing cowboy songs."

I have tried to find the song without success. Can anyone help?

I am not familiar with that song
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-10-18 12:04:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

although, it echos my thoughts about Willie. I have never been a big Willie Nelson fan. I think he is a very good song writer but I find his voice annoying. Anyway, I have always laughed at the old school country fans who love Willie for being a "country music outlaw". If he sang rock, those same fans would call him a filthy hippie.

Hah...i can almost here joe saying that..how's he doin? * *
by abqgant  (2019-10-17 21:51:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not bad considering he is bed ridden
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-10-17 22:13:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and has been in nursing home for the last couple of years. He complains a lot about the food there.

next time you talk to him
by abqgant  (2019-10-18 01:53:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

please give him my regards and tell him I hope he's doing well.

Me too *
by El Kabong  (2019-10-18 08:28:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thirded. *
by Irish Tool  (2019-10-18 09:24:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fourthed. Does his laptop still work? *
by dulac89  (2019-10-18 09:31:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fifth'd; glad he is still with us! *
by irish2003  (2019-10-18 15:53:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No, he doesn't have one now.
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-10-18 11:40:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His cell phone is his only way of communicating with the outside world.

Thank you, I will. *
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-10-18 04:02:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Patsy Cline had the voice of an angel.
by mkovac  (2019-10-17 19:21:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was too young to appreciate her when she was alive.

Then, her voice was stilled in a plane crash. But we have her recordings, thank God.

K D Lang got her start as a Patsy Cline cover band
by dbldomer7375  (2019-10-18 09:34:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She does a credible job covering Patsy's songs.

I agree about Patsy.
by LocalSubAlum  (2019-10-17 19:33:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was also young when she died but every time I listen to one of her songs and hear that voice, I just think, "wow".