You guys are Star Wars fans so you should see Galaxies Edge
by Vermin05 (2020-02-28 18:54:23)
Edited on 2020-02-28 19:08:53

In reply to: Priorities: If you only have a day and a half at Disney  posted by Allumeuse

Hollywood Studios has been a zoo so I they suggest not spending the whole day there if you can because it’s miserable. I would suggest springing for a hopper ticket and on Saturday morning follow my advise on the link below. The only update is that the Falcon Ride has Fastpass so if you are there for Star Wars you should go there first. You will get a 2 hour window to return to Rise of the Resistance so you can leave the park if you get a late boarding group and go to Epcot for some more adult fun. Friday night, it depends on what you want to see, do you want all the classics? Then hit up Magic Kingdom, if you like Animals go to Animal Kingdom.

I knew you would come thru *
by Allumeuse  (2020-02-28 19:32:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If this is next Fri, Sat, Sun, then HS will be even busier
by Tommy Baseball  (2020-02-28 19:25:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with the opening of Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railroad.

I agree that doing Galaxy's Edge and Rise of the Resistance is absolutely must do for a short trip.

Flower and Garden will be going on at Epcot through June 1, so lots of good food and drink options with a park hopper.

If you don't want to splurge for a park hopper, but want to get out of the crowds at Hollywood Studios, a Skyliner flight over to the Riviera Resort might be a good way to kill a few hours while waiting for your RoTR group to be called. Maybe grab a drink at the bar at Topolino Terrace or even grab a dinner reservation so you can hang out at the outdoor bar before your reservation.

Edit: socal_doubledomer reminded me, make a reservation for Oga's Cantina. You can book that today with only a myDisney account and credit card to hold the reservation (no penalty to cancel if you do so more than 1 day out). There are afternoon times available still for May 2.

No, Early May
by Allumeuse  (2020-02-28 19:29:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Though I fortunately the Summit HS Cheerleading Championship is there that weekend.

We might be there together
by Vermin05  (2020-02-28 19:40:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m there the week straddling April-May, today was my Fastpass day. Unfortunately my schedule is not really in line with yours though. I’m going to be at Hollywood Studios Friday Morning and Saturday night, Epcot Friday evening, Animal Kingdom Saturday morning and Magic Kingdom all day Sunday (my last day.)

That's good. Assuming you are not staying on property
by Tommy Baseball  (2020-02-28 19:37:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

look at booking fastpasses online 30 days before your visit. You'll have to buy your tickets online and create a myDisney account. I just checked for 30 days from now and while you can't get Smugglers Run fastpasses, you can get Star Tours, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios. You could get FastPasses for 2 of those. That would really be the only three rides other than the Galaxy's Edge ones you would be likely to want to do (maybe Slinky Dog Dash).