The "Karen" thing is real.
by 105Marquette (2020-08-09 13:02:49)

Yesterday G13 rode her bike over to Safeway to pick up some baking supplies. She wore a backpack so she didn't have to carry a grocery bag in her hand on the ride home. In the baking aisle she was approached by a woman pushing a cart (clearly another shopper and not a store employee) who asked if she was shoplifting. She demanded my daughter open her backpack and show her the contents. Daughter told her to eff off (ok, not literally but along those lines) and walked away.

You hear about Karen anecdotes online, but hearing my daughter relay this story made me wonder: What exactly happened in the rearing or emotional development of women who do this to think it's acceptable behavior?

I wish people would purge that term from the lexicon
by ACross  (2020-08-09 21:18:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it is stupid.

Will do, Ken.
by BigBadBrewer  (2020-08-10 05:54:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's Chad, not Ken. *
by Wooderson  (2020-08-10 06:24:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed. It’s definitely Chad. *
by kellykapowski  (2020-08-10 08:36:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's a different thing. *
by BigBadBrewer  (2020-08-10 06:46:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

OK boomer *
by pmcdnd96  (2020-08-09 21:19:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

LOL *
by ACross  (2020-08-09 21:24:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep
by jmac95  (2020-08-09 19:36:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yesterday I was driving to Home Depot when I got stuck behind a car at a light. The light turned green but the car ahead didn’t move forward. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that the driver was a Caucasian woman who was jawing with an African American guy who was waitingfor a bus at the stop.

Since she was oblivious to traffic norms (green light, cars behind etc) am assuming she was the aggressor in the conversation.

Next time, your daughter could reverse the tables...
by mkovac  (2020-08-09 14:24:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Daughter: “Hi. I think you need to speak to the manager. I’ll wait right here while you call the cavalry, ok?”

As a friend once said, “Put the turd in the other guy’s pocket.”

Karen will have had her next move co-opted and your daughter can stand there smiling while a third party records all this an makes your daughter an Internet star.

That's good. *
by rockmcd  (2020-08-10 00:11:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

By example I have taught my kids to respond
by airborneirish  (2020-08-09 14:17:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mind your own business Karen before you end up on your tubes

Was your daughter putting groceries in the backpack or in a
by Father Nieuwland  (2020-08-09 13:57:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

cart or one of the store’s baskets?

Like most shoplifters she had a basket. *
by 105Marquette  (2020-08-09 14:12:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's more Gladys than Karen.
by doolinbanjos  (2020-08-09 13:33:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Karen is more entitled and vain, not so much a busybody.

I disagree.
by volley  (2020-08-09 13:46:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You need to feel fairly entitled to think you have the authority to search someone's bag.