What's the scam with random Amazon orders showing up
by Lloyd braun (2022-08-07 16:53:25)

at our house?
Twice in the last couple of weeks we've gotten a package from Amazon that we didn't order. Not things that we would have even searched for or looked at.

The first one was OTC Prilozec, then yesterday was Bluetooth ear buds. Both packages were addressed to me with our address. Neither show up on our Amazon history.

Amazon has an option to report such things, but all it says when I report it is thank you and to keep the unwanted shipment.

What am I missing here?

I got earrings last month that I didn't order
by MarnMav  (2022-08-08 08:31:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I chalked it up to someone sending me a bday gift. There was no note or packing invoice and only my first name on the box. I didn't want to start asking around and nobody has mentioned to me that they sent them.

Now I read about this brushing thing. Interesting.
I received a book reading light one time in the past that I did not order. Maybe it was the same thing.

If it was you that sent the earrings....thanks!

It's called brushing, and we had it happen to us
by goirishgo  (2022-08-08 08:03:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

About two years ago, we starting receiving un ordered packages to our home. They were addressed using my middle name, so they were easy to spot for us. Some times we were getting 2-3 packages per day. They were mostly small value items (stickers, electronic components) at first, and we reported them to the Amazon via the website.

Then we received what looked like a very expensive Chinese piece of artwork. I assume it was pricy, as it was shipped in a length of PVC pipe for protection. At this point, we called Amazon customer service. I got bumped up a couple of tiers within their care team, and they we able to block any further shipments. We have not received any packages since this call. And someone at Goodwill got a really nice art print for a very low price.

maybe you should monitor your wife
by 84david  (2022-08-07 19:09:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and kids better.

I have shit showing up on the porch all the time
that I say “ WTF is this? I didn’t order that”

My wife will say “I forgot to tell you, we
needed.....”

Oh yeah, that's a thing alright. *
by Lloyd Braun  (2022-08-07 21:42:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thirded. *
by Jess  (2022-08-08 08:51:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it’s golf clubs…..well, I don’t remember the official BR
by The Holtz Room  (2022-08-07 17:13:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ruling, but I think you should send them back.

But hey, I haven’t golfed in 10 years, so.

You don't remember the ruling?
by doolinbanjos  (2022-08-08 08:57:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm pretty sure the poster was launched for keeping them, and there was a strong sentiment to ban anyone that thought he should keep them.

Didn’t remember the launching.
by The Holtz Room  (2022-08-08 09:41:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Obviously the right thing to do is send them back.

My post lacked wise-ass font.

I think its what is described in this article. (link)
by Moff  (2022-08-07 17:03:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post