Criminal negligence by the refs
by Jvan (2019-01-20 18:30:58)

In reply to: Ummm, PI maybe?  posted by bizdomer09

The players go through so much all season only to see their dreams shattered by incompetent or maybe even corrupt refs. I have no doubt that Goodell wanted LA in the Super Bowl.

Calling it negligence is unduly charitable. Corruption, as
by 1NDGal  (2019-01-20 18:38:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you note later in the post, is more accurate.

Suh or Tom Brady for the Ring. Woo hoo. Puke.

At least we have Sully in there.

As a neutral (SF) fan, Mahomes seems quite likable *
by Irish2003  (2019-01-20 19:07:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Corruption is how they got to LA in the first place.
by No Right Turn on Red  (2019-01-20 18:41:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lies throughout. Relocation guidelines? Who needs them. Should it come down to it, I will loudly root for the Patriots in two weeks.

They left Cleveland due to lack of attendance *
by Cheg80  (2019-01-20 21:06:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Amen.
by The Holtz Room  (2019-01-20 19:25:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m a Bears fan but live close enough to StL to listen to 550 and 1120 from time to time.

StL got the raw dogged by the NFL and Kroenke.

Then again his first name is Enos so he was destined to act out.

St Louis didnt get screwed. They had plenty of opportunities
by Steelhop  (2019-01-20 21:00:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To keep the Rams there.

That is incorrect. The city came up with $1 billion
by No Right Turn on Red  (2019-01-20 21:44:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for a new stadium. The NFL continually moved the goalposts on how much money the city had to fork over, rejected their own relocation guidelines, and voted against the only city with a viable plan to keep their team, as Oakland and San Diego had nothing close to resembling St. Louis’ offer. This was shady business at its worst.

I said at the time they moved it wouldn’t have been so bad if Kroenke was just honest from the get go: “I want to move the Rams to LA for the money, and there’s not a damn thing any of you (St. Louis, the NFL) can do to stop me.” I would have still been mad, but lots of time and money would not have been wasted. I’m still convinced Kroenke would have sued the NFL if they voted against him.

[It was clear the Rams were goners when Kroenke rejected Shad Khan’s offer to buy part of the Rams, promising to keep them in town. That didn’t work with a move to LA.]

Speaking of lawsuits, I don’t know where in the process the City’s lawsuit against the NFL and Kroenke is, but I hope they don’t settle. I want to see the discovery. The City may not win, but the NFL will lose by the end.