The Jalen Hurts pick was a head-scratcher
by Groundhog (2020-04-25 13:01:50)

The Eagles still have some glaring weaknesses, with some seemingly decent players still on the board at those positions, but they make a luxury pick.

What is the best-case scenario for him, that they can trade him in a couple years, or that they have a QB controversy?

You can't run ten gadget plays with him each game, especially if he's the primary backup. Any time he is on the field it will be telegraphing to the defense.

I would bet if he had to be honest, he doesn't want to go there.

A funny take on this that I saw: Jalen and Carson can
by HennaOrNo  (2020-04-25 18:20:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Compare notes on how their backups came in for them and won championships.

that and Packers pick make no sense to me
by irishrock  (2020-04-25 14:12:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is Hurts a natural WR? If he's truly a QB, why wouldn't you use your 2nd pick for an offensive weapon for Wentz or a good defender. Too many players at that pick could have helped this year.

I don't get it. I saw a really good comment, from surprisingly Rex Ryan, on Rodgers: "the GM of the Packers say that Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the game (I doubt that...it's Patrick Mahomes), then why didn't you make a pick that backs that up?"

I don't get it, but just because these guys have the title of GM/coach, doesn't mean they don't make mistakes

PFF gave the Packers entire draft a D, lowest grade by far. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-04-25 22:39:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Drafting no WR's in a class heralded as one of best/deepest
by Hanratty5ND  (2020-04-26 11:20:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in history is a head-scratcher.

Especially when your HOF QB could use some more weapons.

Gutekunst a garden variety meathead
by ACross  (2020-04-26 02:18:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who knows why Schneider is not GM. His dad fixed my broken femur 48 years ago today.

Seahawks allegedly denied the Packers an attempt to
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-04-26 13:35:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

interview Schneider, which they have the right to do under league rules.
McCarthy pulled that stunt all the time.

According to a league source, the Seahawks denied the Packers’ request to make Schneider available for an interview because the Packers would be interviewing Schneider for their GM position and he already holds that title in Seattle.

Eagles could have gotten him much later I believe
by Raoul  (2020-04-25 14:02:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like the two picks right now (145 and 146). I agree. No idea why taken at all, and if they loved him they could have him later.