So I'm sure he's been taking classes this whole time? (link)
by MR_IRISH (2020-09-18 10:04:12)

OSU has two fall sessions this fall
by jddomer  (2020-09-18 19:24:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fall2 is starting October 15. If he registers for enough credits to be considered a full-time student, I imagine he will be fine. A lot of schools offered a split-session option this fall. The college I work for has structured the academic year this way (although not for athletic reasons, athletics are completely cancelled for this fall and I would be shocked if we offered athletics in the spring, but I work at a D3 school, so it's not like anyone is losing a pro opportunity).

Why does it matter?
by sb  (2020-09-18 11:13:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He wouldn't be ineligible until next semester anyway, at which point he will be in full draft prep mode.

As Cardale said, "He ain't there to play school."

Stop thinking of these players as student-athletes. They're not and have not been for a long time.

C'mon now, you should add some context to that.
by cmhirish  (2020-09-18 19:44:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's some from the Cooper and Cheatypants McSweatervest eras:

Maldonado couldn't understand how he had earned only 17 transferable credits in two years. Even today the number pinballs around his head. "What kind of degree can you get from Ohio State if none of your classes count at other colleges?" he asks.

I've already posted on this site about To$u basketball under Ayers; will not bother digging up other skeletons from the To$u closet. They're not hard to find.

No chance. *
by ironcityirish  (2020-09-18 10:31:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Isn't OSU on a quarter system?
by Tex Francisco  (2020-09-18 10:44:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I seems to recall it being discussed as an advantage in the past that most of their players aren't taking any classes or only one class up until October and that they can do it because they 're on a quarter system.

OSU changed to semesters 8 to 10ish years ago *
by hometown fan  (2020-09-18 11:01:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post