TN received expected notice of Level I infractions
by tenordrum75 (2022-07-22 20:49:46)

When I read the story I was not surprised, however the inducements the recruits received now really pales in comparison to NIL money. Total alleged was ~ $60K. NCAA Level I infractions used to be pretty bad. Now?? Hmmm...

I know, it is just the SEC business as usual. Cash in Mickie D bags.

TN fans expect nothing to happen.
by Domer84  (2022-08-02 09:52:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Listening to sports radio here is instructive of the SEC mindset. The TN fans and the radio guys all expect that there will be few if any penalties for the program out of this. They argue that all the bad acts were committed by the previous coaching staff and "why should we penalize the current staff and players". What BS. Of course, some of those players are still around.

And you are right. No one cares about people, even coaches, paying players anymore. But God forbid a girlfriend writes a paper for a player or goes to a luncheon...

Squeaky clean Bama luck's out again. Nothing to see
by DomerJon  (2022-07-23 13:40:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

here Sherriff. Better look up northwest a piece at them Vols. We ain't never done nuttin like that here in Tu$caloo$a.

Minor nit: Knoxville is actually northeast of Tuscaloosa
by tf86  (2022-07-30 21:04:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Until they put Missouri in the East, SEC actually had their divisions kinda sorta right. Auburn, AL is technically east of Nashville, but it made more sense to have Alabama/Auburn in the same division and Tennessee/Vandy in the same division as well.

Do you have evidence that Bama is cheating?
by Gort  (2022-07-25 00:53:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Me neither. It sucks to admit a midwestern catholic guy is the best coach in CFB history and he isn’t at ND. But that’s the way it is.

REC. *
by Nut  (2022-07-29 10:02:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is West VA in the midwest?
by GoldCoastIrish  (2022-07-26 10:13:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cause that's where he's from.

I can only assume the thought here is that
by ndark  (2022-07-25 20:18:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pruitt played at Alabama (under Gene Stallings who was found to be in violation of major NCAA rules and had Alabama put on 3 years probation) and also coached at Alabama right before coaching at Tennessee (and coached at FSU). No hard evidence but…

One could also say that he just sucks at cheating so maybe he didn’t learn from the best or else he wouldn’t have been caught.

I have hearsay and conjecture.
by 512  (2022-07-25 14:16:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those are types of evidence.

Bad court thingy! (link)
by Moff  (2022-07-25 14:48:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Impressive considering they still sucked *
by Stonebreaker9  (2022-07-22 23:39:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No mention of him being a Saban protege anywhere...
by Goldbrick2  (2022-07-22 22:57:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Pruitt had walked on Notre Dame's campus once in his past it would have somehow made it into the article. The only biographical bit I saw in the articles was that he was with the NY Giants for a year. Saban is great, but he likely has been running NIL for years down there.

Pruitt’s wife being involved is the best part…
by NavyJoe  (2022-07-22 21:17:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

…mostly because she has spent her career working in NCAA compliance for university athletic programs.

Seems like they could have been more creative. *
by squid  (2022-07-23 10:07:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree…not exactly Crazy Eddie’s over there in Chattanooga *
by NavyJoe  (2022-07-23 12:16:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post