A few reasons
by buffaloirish (2018-01-10 14:37:33)

In reply to: Why would he leave a stable job for an unstable one?  posted by fontoknow

Institutional affinity for his alma mater.

Does he have college-age kids who might have a shot at ND admittance? The tuition benefit is substantial.

I'm pretty sure I saw his name on the list of alums
by rick  (2018-01-10 17:55:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with kids at ND during Welcome Weekend a couple of years ago.

He's got 4 kids
by HTownND  (2018-01-10 18:10:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jonathan played at UNC
Charlie still plays at UNC

I think one of his daughters may have been at ND already and the other is currently enrolled or something like that

Either way, I don't think the benefit of student tuition matters as I think all 4 kids are in or have graduated from college already.

Both his sons play for North Carolina
by irishrock  (2018-01-10 15:05:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

one of them went to Rockhurst and he was the thinnest 265lb OLineman I'eve ever seen. It helped that he was 6'7"

So you're saying someone that makes mid to high 6 figs
by fontoknow  (2018-01-10 14:43:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would be drawn to 50% off tuition at ND that vests after five years working at ND?

Institutional affinity wasn't strong enough for him to sign on with Weis, why would it be strong enough to sign on with purple reign?

The admission pool would seem at least as big of a deal. *
by tdiddy07  (2018-01-10 15:02:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After signing $2.7 million and $10 million contracts
by Moff  (2018-01-10 14:57:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

over 20 years ago, and otherwise drawing an NFL paycheck for 26 years, and accruing pension and other benefits, I suspect that money is the least of his concerns. He is not one of those guys that would have blown the money. I'd roll the dice and trade 401k plans with him any day.

I'd assume this to be correct
by fontoknow  (2018-01-10 15:11:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

coming to coach at ND for BK would have to be a really passion project for him, however.