I don't see a lack of depth at RB at all...
by MR_IRISH (2018-01-16 12:53:43)

In reply to: Anyone want to take a stab at what our offensive lineup  posted by Athlete37

Jones, Williams and McIntosh....

What a difference a few hours can make *
by Ghop  (2018-01-16 19:40:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

McIntosh and Holmes dismissed from team
by HTownND  (2018-01-16 19:40:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not much depth there anymore

(DCE) Could Jalen Elliot play RB?
by rkellyatrecess  (2018-01-16 16:28:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He doesn't appear to have the instincts to play safety, but he does have good size and speed.

Jones could be the surprise of this group.
by goldhelmethead  (2018-01-16 15:35:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But good lord can we get Dex on the field for an entire game?

I do. McIntosh is too small. I'll bet Jahmir Smith ends
by SEE  (2018-01-16 14:58:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

up playing (Theo Riddick type back which is fine with me.) I really wish Stepp worked out.

Disagree. I think the depth/talent at RB is dubious
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-01-16 14:16:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With the departure of Adams--3 of the top 4 returning RB's have either been arrested/or suspended at one time while at ND.

Most all of them had trouble staying healthy last year.

There is some talent there--but were any of these guys considered Top 5 RB's coming out of HS? Top 10 even? Top 15? Look at what the top 5 programs sign at RB

ND has one potential game breaker in Dexter Williams-- and he can't seem to get more than 2-3 carries in Kelly's offense because he can't/wont block.
Solution: give him the damned ball.

I was disappointed in ND's RB recruiting with this just signed 2018 class. Smith is a solid get--3 star #32 ranked RB on Rivals/247.

But is that really good enough if ND if aspires to be a top program?

Agreed - they probably need 4+ RBs in this recruiting cycle. *
by PeteatND  (2018-01-16 14:48:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree the lack of RB depth infuriates me..
by supernd  (2018-01-16 14:22:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is no reason not to recruit 2 backs a year. You can move rbs around if you need to.

They have a couple of DBs coming in...
by BigNDfan  (2018-01-16 16:50:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that played RB in high school. Not that they could spare that position group.

And obviously they had landed 2 RBs in this class before parting ways with the kid that ended up at USC.

DB more valuable to the NFL now than RB's. A flip
by irpa  (2018-01-16 19:57:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from yesteryear.

Great RBs don't want to watch fade routes from the 1yd line
by Bones  (2018-01-16 14:38:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Despite two All American linemen and a QB with accuracy issues, Kelly still can't help his knee jerk reaction to revert to the pass. If I were a top RB, I wouldn't want to play for him and his paddy cake offense either.

Should try Crawford on offense as well.... *
by Wolfetone  (2018-01-16 14:34:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any word on McIntosh since the bowl game suspension? *
by Ryno  (2018-01-16 14:04:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post