yes in a very odd way....
by abqgant (2018-01-18 16:20:26)
Edited on 2018-01-18 16:21:45

In reply to: Didn't Locksley decimate the UNM football program? *  posted by IrishArab

he actually recruited very well even enticing a 4 star lineman to UNM who was considering Georgia, Miami and some other SEC schools.

He just couldn't manage his team...no discipline. Somewhat volatile he punched an assistant coach and was suspended for 10 days.

He's probably an excellent assistant coach. Too thin skinned to be the head man.

Wasn't he also the coach who got in trouble for
by KnightlyRevue  (2018-01-18 16:33:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

giving a recruit a Playstation at Maryland while acting as recruiting coordinator under Vanderlinen and then Friedgen? I believe it was part of the reason Victor Abiamiri chose Notre Dame. I believe there was also some funny business during his time at Illinois as OC surrounding Arrelious Benn and a LB from Chicago (Martez Wilson -- He would later get stabbed at Illinois) with payments to their families.

Shady stuff always seems to follow Mr. Locksley. I do not know much about his football acumen or coaching prowess but he does seem to get quite a few jobs.

He was also sued for sexual harassment at UNM
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-01-18 17:37:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The guy is a dirtbag to the nth degree.
A pimp.

He should have been banned from college coaching by the NCAA long ago.

Not a shock he ended up at Alabama.

funny encounter (to me anyway) with Locksley
by abqgant  (2018-01-18 19:32:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It came during his 10 day suspension. A Saturday during the season around noon I stopped at the supermarket. I had been listening to the UNM pregame radio program.

As I walked into the store the first person I see is Locksley (a very big guy) pushing a shopping cart. His team is on the field warming up and he's at the supermarket.

I burst out laughing. He heard me and looked my way. I gave a little wave and moved on.

Its surprising an upright program like Alabama....
by supernd  (2018-01-18 16:57:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would hire guys like Mike Locksley and Tosh Lupoi

Hugh Freeze is alledgedly next. *
by hibernianangst  (2018-01-18 18:23:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are they freaking daring the NCAA to watch them closer? *
by supernd  (2018-01-18 20:37:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that would go a little something like this:
by DomerJon  (2018-01-19 08:56:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NCAA: anything to see here?
Bama: nothing to see here.
Bama: more moonshine?
NCAA: of course, did you need to ask. Nothing to see here!