Wasn't he also the coach who got in trouble for
by KnightlyRevue (2018-01-18 16:33:50)
Edited on 2018-01-18 16:34:59

In reply to: yes in a very odd way....  posted by abqgant

giving a recruit a Playstation at Maryland while acting as recruiting coordinator under Vanderlinen and then Friedgen? I believe it was part of the reason Victor Abiamiri chose Notre Dame. I believe there was also some funny business during his time at Illinois as OC surrounding Arrelious Benn and a LB from Chicago (Martez Wilson -- He would later get stabbed at Illinois) with payments to their families.

Shady stuff always seems to follow Mr. Locksley. I do not know much about his football acumen or coaching prowess but he does seem to get quite a few jobs.

He was also sued for sexual harassment at UNM
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-01-18 17:37:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The guy is a dirtbag to the nth degree.
A pimp.

He should have been banned from college coaching by the NCAA long ago.

Not a shock he ended up at Alabama.

funny encounter (to me anyway) with Locksley
by abqgant  (2018-01-18 19:32:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It came during his 10 day suspension. A Saturday during the season around noon I stopped at the supermarket. I had been listening to the UNM pregame radio program.

As I walked into the store the first person I see is Locksley (a very big guy) pushing a shopping cart. His team is on the field warming up and he's at the supermarket.

I burst out laughing. He heard me and looked my way. I gave a little wave and moved on.

Its surprising an upright program like Alabama....
by supernd  (2018-01-18 16:57:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would hire guys like Mike Locksley and Tosh Lupoi

Hugh Freeze is alledgedly next. *
by hibernianangst  (2018-01-18 18:23:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are they freaking daring the NCAA to watch them closer? *
by supernd  (2018-01-18 20:37:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that would go a little something like this:
by DomerJon  (2018-01-19 08:56:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NCAA: anything to see here?
Bama: nothing to see here.
Bama: more moonshine?
NCAA: of course, did you need to ask. Nothing to see here!