I just wish someone had put a timeline or something together
by jt (2018-03-08 16:09:00)

In reply to: I'm just asking a question, jt.  posted by ndroman21

so that the professionals could read it and then do their job.

Of course, that timeline cannot come from anyone on this board lest it be considered vile.

The timeline says when JS was working for USA gymnastics...
by ndroman21  (2018-03-08 17:27:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...it does not say, as far as I can tell, that he was involved in the day to day running of the organization.

It’s that characterization that I’m questioning, and Inagree that it should be investigated.

He admitted to the IndyStar
by RallyingSon  (2018-03-09 09:06:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that he knew about their policy on reporting abuse allegations. In his words, the USAG did not report "anonymous" allegations to authorities.

Unless he explicitly advised them against that policy, it doesn't matter to me what (if anything) he did in the day-to-day operations.

Nit, Robert Colarossi (President and Chief Executive
by cj  (2018-03-09 11:16:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

USA Gymnastics 1998-2005) said he inherited an executive policy of dismissing complaints as “hearsay” unless they were signed by a victim or victim’s parent — a policy that experts said could deter people from reporting abuse."

"the USAG did not report "anonymous" allegations"

Apparently, they did not report any allegations unless they were "signed" by a victim or victim's parent.

It looks like that policy is a against the law.

"Legal experts and child advocates expressed alarm about that approach, saying the best practice is to report every allegation to authorities. Laws in every state require people to report suspected child abuse."

swarbrick's Sgt Schultz defense will be waxed...destroyed...blown to smithereens when he is eventually under oath....

He will be pasted, eviscerated...

Witnesses have stated he was responsible for the no-report
by ACross  (2018-03-08 18:50:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Policy.

I maintain that scienter is not the main inquiry here.

I don't believe I've read that assertion.
by ndroman21  (2018-03-10 10:48:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you referring to the statements in the depositions that abuse allegations were referred to USAG's attorneys?

Do we know if Swarbrick was the attorney that handles them, for certain? Do we know that those statements were complete and true?

I agree that knowledge of the abuse is not necessary to hold JS responsible. But I also don't know what his involvement was in crafting and implementing the policies about it. It is possible he specifically advised against what USAG did, isn't it?

Please look up to find my post “You give zero weight...” I
by 1NDGal  (2018-03-10 17:35:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

link Penny’s deposition. He names Jack.

[deleted] *
by 1NDGal  (2018-03-08 19:11:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

well, don't ask me
by jt  (2018-03-08 17:35:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not a professional journalist.

I let the professionals do their job.

Ya, who was that? Char-lonica? No, it was Flar-tonica. ^^^^ *
by 1NDGal  (2018-03-08 16:32:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post