Maybe this could be pinned to the top of the board.
by RallyingSon (2018-03-12 09:35:40)

In reply to: His involvement  posted by HTownND

The point seems lost on all the douchey ND bloggers who are more outraged about NDNation and its witch hunt than about the sexual abuse of minors.

The question to them is very simple
by HTownND  (2018-03-13 17:03:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Jack Swarbrick wasn't a Notre Dame grad and wasn't our athletic director, would you want to know about his role as general counsel to USA Gymnastics from the 90s through 2008, given the Nassar situation?

What if Jack was a Michigan man?

People should remove current roles and attachments, and just focus on the fact that the general counsel of USAG from the 90s through 2008 would, without a doubt, be a "person of interest" in this Nassar story.

I just don't see how anyone could answer in any other way, if they dispassionately look at this from the outside.

"In an interview with IndyStar, Mike Jacki, USA Gymnastics
by cj  (2018-03-13 18:01:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

president from 1983 to 1994, said Swarbrick discouraged the organization from distributing a booklet on child abuse to its members."

"Two former USA Gymnastics presidents have cited a longtime power player in Indiana sports as one of the key people involved in advising USA Gymnastics on policies related to sexual abuse: Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick."

"Jacki said he clashed with Swarbrick on the extent to which USA Gymnastics could discipline members."

"The one issue that came up on a regular basis with Jack on the child abuse issue," Jacki said, "was forcing me to accept that the only way we could terminate a member is if he was formally charged and prosecuted and convicted (in a court of law). Or charged and pleaded no contest."

Swarbrick said to IndyStar, "I never identified that as a requirement."

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/2018/02/05/notre-dame-athletic-director-jack-swarbrick-advised-usa-gymnastics-sex-abuse-policy/1079569001/?from=new-cookie