honestly I didn't read what he said
by airborneirish (2018-10-15 23:42:11)

In reply to: Was he referring ro directional issues?  posted by JBrock18

I can see how the kick going to the wrong spot can mess up coverage. That said, I think such a thing should be fixable given the low incidence rate of KO returns. Sounds bush league to blame the kicker on a kick that made it as far as it did.

I think #2 was held pretty badly on that play as well.
by ocmj  (2018-10-16 01:26:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe not as obvious as the 10 others but he had some jersey in other photos I've seen.

Link to replay.

If thats what is happening it’s a big issue
by JBrock18  (2018-10-15 23:47:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It definitely screws up coverage. And just by the tone of the quote and by watching our games moreso, you can see ND’s coverage guys have to adjust their path quite a bit. I had a season in college where this happened to us almost all season. We tried two different kickers and both continued to screw up and it really does F up your coverage. It’s almost like golf when you try to align to the right and double cross and hit a big hook. Kickers I think have that occur at least from my experience talking with our one kicker who was a good buddy of mine.