My biggest concern
by tf86 (2018-10-17 12:07:44)

In reply to: Concerns post Pitt  posted by tricio

Is that Narduzzi may have given another coach with more talent at his disposal a blueprint for how to beat us.

FSU and Syracuse
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-10-17 12:47:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both have the defensive players/athletes in place to implement Narduzzi's approach.

They can both create havoc with their DL against our OL and both teams have CB's that can play tight man--especially Syracuse. I think FSU might be young at CB.

Both Clemson and Pitt showed the way to attack Syracuse's defense, albeit a little bit late: Pound Syracuse with the run game. They could not stop either Clemson or Pitt when it mattered.

But this is my biggest worry when we face Syracuse. What are the odds that Kelly will exploit their main weakness on D with a strong rushing attack?

I think its important to factor in the health of the OL
by Voisman  (2018-10-17 17:28:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in any discussion of the running game. We dont see that in practice but clearly they were getting very little push this past saturday. Was it because of Pitts scheme, the relative health of the OL, Kelly's insanity, some combination of all three? My vote is that as the health of the OL goes, so does our running game.

Just my two cents.

The odds are infinitesimal
by The Flash  (2018-10-17 13:13:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The question is not, "What are the odds that Kelly will exploit their main weakness on D with a strong rushing attack?"

The question essentially is, "What are the odds that Kelly will substantially transform himself and admit that his approach is ineffectual?" The odds are nil.