You think it is Mr. Little who was out of line?
by ACross (2018-12-11 11:44:14)

In reply to: Mr. Little could use some CLE, it appears ...  posted by BIGSKYND

Or do you think he needed to do a better job of handling bullshit objections?

I think he should have just terminated the deposition.

Stayed on the record and called the judge, and not let
by 1NDGal  (2018-12-11 12:38:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Savvy out of the room.

Some state rules state that the deposition is suspended
by ACross  (2018-12-11 13:05:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when a judge is to be called. Doesn't really matter. Make a record, call the judge, just don't take a useless deposition. The lawyer may well have been just making a record that the lawyer and the witness were not cooperating. He may have had other fish to fry, he may have had a strategy.

That's my point ...
by BIGSKYND  (2018-12-11 11:51:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have no idea what he was doing in response to the objections beyond floundering. Moreover, if the listing of counsel at the outset is accurate, it appears that two lawyers are representing the same co-defendant clients. If so, why are they being allowed to tag team on objections?

Not a lawyer but it seemed that way to me.
by LaughingTulkas  (2018-12-11 11:47:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still not really sure what it all means after reading that twice.