I don't know what happened to Sanders
by revressbo (2018-12-12 17:24:09)

In reply to: Outside of Watkins, it appears they were depth players  posted by Rocket7

He was really good as a freshman on special teams and got off to a great start at Texas his sophomore year with the OT TD catch on the screen. I thought he was going to have a really nice career here.

Brian Kelly happened to him *
by TAR  (2018-12-12 23:52:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So what happened to Finke and Mack this year? *
by Irish Tool  (2018-12-13 08:19:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Boykin and Claypool. *
by oneill3b  (2018-12-13 11:33:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Book happened to all of them
by ndzippy  (2018-12-13 11:59:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Crazy what an accurate QB can do for pass-catchers

There's more to this. Our dropped passes
by athlete37  (2018-12-13 15:26:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have continually declined since the switch was made. I want to say there were still a few in Book's first couple of games. I think the trust in an accurate throw has all but eliminated drops of easy catches.

Sanders is redshirting 2018 after appearing in four games. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-12 21:23:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two totally unrelated issues IMO
by Tex Francisco  (2018-12-12 18:00:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First, he's only 5'8, 185 lbs. I suspect he reached his ceiling faster than a lot of other players, so while he was more college ready right of the gate, other players with more physical tools quickly passed him as they adjusted to the college game. Second, somewhere along the way, he got the yips on punt returns, which neutralized one of his most valuable skills.