I think Kelly is actually a pretty good judge of talent and
by Raoul (2019-03-03 15:58:20)
Edited on 2019-03-03 15:59:55

In reply to: What’s also becoming clear is we have the talent to win  posted by miamioh_irishfan

potential. That ability to find talent has been there even before ND.

Where he has struggled is in developing that talent further with his staff. More hit and miss. And then there is gameplanning and gameday where he does not excel at all.

He is best when the talent differential is great. When it narrows he often gets out-coached.

I'd say he's pretty standard at both.
by tdiddy07  (2019-03-14 14:06:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His NFL development is on par with his recruiting rankings. After the 2015 season his NFL development actually exceeded recruiting rankings, but that may have come back down to about the base line since. (I'd have to check.). What hasn't been on par with either is the win totals. Unless Kelly has just hit a new normal. I think those call are premature. I'd like to see how year 2 of Quinn as OL coach works out before believing a coach that won 4 games three years ago has hit a new normal of 10 wins.

Actually what you’re saying is Kelly should be a scout
by 2nd streeter  (2019-03-03 20:55:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not a head coach. I totally agree.