This I can handle. But the change to Irish Guard was
by rgvirish (2019-04-17 18:44:24)
Edited on 2019-04-17 18:54:36

In reply to: The new leprechauns have been annouced. (link)  posted by Mustangman

a little more upsetting.
If I'm not mistaken, ( which I usually am), they removed the height requirement some time back.

I really don't care what color you are, or how many X chromosomes you have, I still think you need to be a big, tall sombitch to strike a little fear and move people out of the way of the band. ( I always thought that was one of their side jobs.)

( FYI- I’m short.)

They removed the height req. and precluded most students
by Four Pillars  (2019-04-18 10:22:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from trying out. You now have to be a member of the Band in order to be on the "Irish Guard" and you don't have to be 6'2".

Maybe someone can confirm the rule change, but
by mustangman  (2019-04-18 07:30:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

someone mentioned elsewhere there is no longer a requirement the leprechaun has to be able to grow a beard. Which obviously opened the door for females.

I think the height requirement was a canary in the coal mine
by DakotaDomer  (2019-04-17 22:34:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t think Dye was really interested in giving short kids a chance

I think he was interested in dismantling the guard, taking control of every aspect of it, and rebuilding it in his band image.

Height requirement was just something to test the waters of whether or not anyone would stop him.

...I think...I can’t rememebr the order of events

Its the same PC mindset. *
by johneye  (2019-04-17 22:20:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed.
by Twinkie the Kid  (2019-04-17 21:24:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I actually like the female leprechaun. Seems overdue even.

But the change to the Irish Guard has destroyed that fine tradition. Might as well just have a flag corp.

I'm with you
by drmurray  (2019-04-17 19:33:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, Michigan sucks.

I agree 100%
by pmac98  (2019-04-17 19:18:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gimme Lady Brienne but not Jon Snow on the Irish Guard. Having that requirement lifted was unnecessary.