ESPN gives ND 7th-best chance to win 2019 national title.
by G.K.Chesterton (2019-04-17 22:58:05)
Edited on 2019-04-17 23:31:07

We have the chance to wreck things for two teams ahead of us on that list. It's interesting that Notre Dame is given a better chance to get a team to the playoffs than the entire Pac-12. Yes, this is off-season sausage.

ESPN gives Michigan 100% chance to suck *
by drmurray  (2019-04-18 09:38:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You misspelled “the laws of nature and nature’s God” *
by captaineclectic  (2019-04-18 09:55:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Spelling not my strong suite *
by drmurray  (2019-04-19 12:54:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least we're in the sausage. *
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-04-18 09:07:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they got you to click on it.
by 84david  (2019-04-18 08:29:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

PS: links only.

I don't see Michigan in this conversation at all
by Jvan  (2019-04-18 00:07:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They won't be any good this year.

Michigan fans obviously disagree.
by PeteatND  (2019-04-18 09:32:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They've bet the Skunkbears up to a full touchdown favorite in every game they play this year - including against the team they've beaten once since 2003.

Honestly, they have Josh Gattis now, so I'm not sure why it isn't 2 touchdowns.

That's a remarkable statistic.
by JHND  (2019-04-18 13:19:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The OSU and ND games both being in the Outhouse is probably influencing those odds, but it's still surprising.

With regard to Michigan fan expectations, I don't recall them ever not being exceptionally high. Even during the depths of the Rich Rodriguez and Brady Hoke years, their fans were generally optimistic every year.

It's honestly somewhat admirable -- they've struggled just about as much as we have over the past two decades and haven't even experienced any of our highs (title game and playoff appearances), and yet really have never become jaded in the same way our fan base has.

Because they don't have NC as their annual goal. ND fans
by btd  (2019-04-22 20:44:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have a higher standard and thus have fallen further and are more depressed about our state of affairs than Michigan fans are. Michigan fans are more focused on winning their conference, being in contention within their conference, etc.

We are just talking relative terms here. Both fans are not all that happy -- the ones 40 and older that remember when they played elite level football most years.

Didn't they lose 6 starters, including lots of "star power"
by Rosecrea  (2019-04-18 07:38:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from their vaunted defense that gave up 60+ to OSU and got its ass kicked by our ( so I'm told) "Popgun Offense"?

Ass kicked? We had 302 yards.
by tdiddy07  (2019-04-19 11:29:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We happened to efficiently turn that into 24 points. Though I guess there's something to be said against a defense that allows ND to efficiently score touchdowns in the red zone.

With our backup qb. *
by bill_brasky  (2019-04-23 06:42:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe they were surprisingly optimistic
by SEE  (2019-04-17 23:10:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Last year as well.

Until USC gets its act together, the Pac12 getting dumped on
by jimmypop  (2019-04-17 23:08:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

doesn't surprise me.

UW will be good again
by quasimodo  (2019-04-18 13:31:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not getting much love as a team for some reason but the coach is always rated highly.

Q