I think that it's common sense once you think about it
by jt (2019-05-15 09:00:01)

In reply to: I changed my view on this  posted by weirdo0521

that some will get nothing; in fact, I would change "some" to "most."

Which is exactly why people should support it
by gordonbombay  (2019-05-15 16:31:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I doubt many athletes are deluded on the level of which they could make money if likeness rights were granted, but very few would make game-changing money. In exchange, the vast majority of the controversy around college sports pretty much evaporates.* Fair trade if you ask me.

* There are probably always going to be people that think college athletes are getting screwed unless they're directly being paid every cent of TV money the conferences pull in, but they would represent a tiny minority.

80+% of all FBS players would get jack. *
by WilfordBrimley  (2019-05-15 15:41:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think it is common sense
by weirdo0521  (2019-05-15 12:04:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most people I have heard on the subject seem to think everyone is going to get a bunch of money.

well, that's too bad
by jt  (2019-05-15 12:23:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

because it is pretty unlikely

likely only first round draft picks can make any money. *
by 84david  (2019-05-15 09:30:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

See above.
by WilfordBrimley  (2019-05-15 15:44:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think the 15 - 20 powerhouse programs would have enough influence and would be able to arrange solid income for just about everyone on the two deep if not the entire roster. The next 15 - 20 would be able to get their very good and star players nice deals. Everyone else after that would be SoL unless the kid was getting national notoriety week after week (i.e., Andy Isabella or Khalil Mack).

I'm sure that some players can make some endorsement
by jt  (2019-05-15 09:32:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

deals at smaller places, but not the big major national endorsements aside from the select few kids.