So disappointing.
by Irish 1978 (2019-05-16 09:48:24)
Edited on 2019-05-16 09:52:04

To come into work, sit down with a cup of Joe and a danish, and then open "Rock's House" and find NO new postings since early yesterday afternoon.

Come on people, you need to step it up. I know it's the really off-season but surely there is something to say.

Well, on to the "Back Room." I know that won't let me down.

PS. Jaylon Smith coming back and earning his degree is very cool.

Only reason I'm here is maybe I'll buy it
by meatwhistle  (2019-05-22 08:42:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rock’s House does not exist solely for your entertainment.
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-05-16 20:06:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It exists solely for mine. Therefore, I too am pissed. Might as well be spending my time reading transcripts of The Dan Le Batard Show.

I believe Rock's House exists for all! A force for good
by Irish 1978  (2019-05-17 12:22:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the world.

(Well, after meeting my entertainment needs.)

I read the last few words of your post quickly as...
by Brahms  (2019-05-16 20:12:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...David Lee Roth.

Clown Prince of Rock, in Crazy Pants.

This is what I'm talking about. I KNEW you all could rise
by Irish 1978  (2019-05-16 13:07:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to the occasion and fill my morning entertainment need.

Let's try not to need to have this conversation again.

Chris Tyree is likely committing to ND a week from today.
by mocopdx  (2019-05-16 11:15:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's some great news. He'd be the highest ranked RB Kelly has landed. A true game changer prospect- that skill guy that everyone here bitches we aren't getting. Between he and Johnson, we may have two lethal threats the next four years.

How's his pass blocking? *
by 01momanor  (2019-05-16 11:43:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Higher than Greg Bryant?
by ndroman21  (2019-05-16 11:36:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wasn’t Bryant a Top 25 player nationally, or am I misremembering?

Yes, as of now.
by mocopdx  (2019-05-16 11:41:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Greg Bryant was 45th overall in the composite rankings. Rivals was high on him, and that's what you're likely thinking of, but the other services had him more as a very good but not elite prospect.

Chris Tyree is 29th overall in the composite rankings and the #1 all purpose back. Alabama and Oklahoma really wanted him. He has home run potential.

Not sure if he's higher, but..
by BigNDfan  (2019-05-16 11:37:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's the highest since Bryant.

Way to jinx it. He was considered a lock for Oklahoma
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-16 11:23:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a month ago.

People are hopeful, from what I’ve seen.

His ND official was set for June. Now he’s set to wrap it all up in one week. So who knows.

Without going too far into it.
by mocopdx  (2019-05-16 11:24:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Many people who are paid to know these things would be shocked if he didn't commit to ND next week.

Also he was never considered an Oklahoma lock. ND led for most of the way, then he leaned Oklahoma after his visit before quickly going right back to an ND lean. He was just enamored by a great visit. Once it wore off he remembered why he loved ND this whole time.

That's a much deeper and more positive take than I've seen.
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-16 12:06:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I appreciate it.

Here's hopin'.

Don't take my word for it.
by mocopdx  (2019-05-16 12:10:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's a free piece of evidence for you.

No offense, but I don't think you've gotten used to it yet. *
by SWPaDem  (2019-05-16 10:59:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Brian Kelly had 2 dragons...
by GeronimoRumplestiltskin  (2019-05-16 10:51:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...he'd probably use them in battle like Dany and Jon did in episode 3 of this season of GoT...

That's the best I can do on Rock's House in May...

they'd be split to the same side & run bubble screens. *
by cmhirish  (2019-05-16 19:17:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's actually a pretty good analogy. *
by rockmcd  (2019-05-16 12:06:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Having never watched the show
by graNDfan  (2019-05-16 11:45:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am assuming he would use them to destroy the Basilica and the Admin building to make room for his statue/monument when he eventually has the most wins by any coach in ND history....

Put that statue next to...
by Brahms  (2019-05-16 20:14:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...the Jack Swarbrick Memorial Parking Garage.

You know that thing's going to be a mega revenue generator.

Memorial? One can only hope. *
by VT2ND  (2019-05-17 10:28:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No love for Swedes? They like coffee too! (as if you care) *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-05-16 10:37:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had Swedish pancakes for breakfast. *
by Irish72  (2019-05-16 11:07:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Olson & OmahaDomer should take the heat.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-16 10:34:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Buncha bums.

Off the front page *
by olson  (2019-05-16 13:59:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

playing solitaire till dawn
by jt  (2019-05-17 10:22:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with a deck of 51

You'll never walk alone.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-16 14:18:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Every single post of yours is greatly appreciated by MANY on this site. You're doing God's work!

Agreed *
by garbageplate  (2019-05-16 22:06:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

+1 *
by Irish Tool  (2019-05-16 20:06:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What Kind of Danish? *
by subalumt  (2019-05-16 10:08:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Folowup Questions ...
by Seamus  (2019-05-16 10:17:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

black, cream, sugar, decaf, caramel macchiato? Did it satisfactorily complement the danish?

Decaf, black, and actually I lied - it was a piece of
by Irish 1978  (2019-05-16 13:05:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cinnamon Strudel from Kirschbaum's Bakery in Western Springs, IL. Them's good eatin'!

And yes, it the coffee paired well with the pastry.

Decaf in the morning? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? *
by sprack  (2019-05-16 19:05:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was the Strudel Re-Heated In The Microwave At Least? *
by subalumt  (2019-05-16 17:15:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And the coffee - cream and sugar?
by ArasEra  (2019-05-16 10:16:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There, can’t say we haven’t done our part.