L’ville game right where ND needs to be. Prime Time Monday
by Dillon301 (2019-05-17 16:44:37)

Night game with an ACC rival with a great sports program.

The rivalry with L’ville started with Denny Crum and continues with the women’s b-ball slugfests. They are our peer in all aspects.

L’ville supplants and exceeds the B1G dredges of Indiana.

ND continues to cement its legacy in the echelon of collegiate sports. Last year it was beating Sandman and this year it is prime time in L’ville. A day game against USC on beat up sod in the olden days is passé and cute.

masterful. *
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2019-05-20 14:09:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s too bad there is no racing at Churchill Downs that day.
by cmcirish  (2019-05-18 11:11:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had a long weekend in Louisville a few years ago, and went to Churchill Downs on a Saturday when Clemson was playing Louisville in the evening. Churchill Downs is basically across the street from the stadium. At the time I thought it would be a fun away game experience.

Edit: I obviously agree that playing on a Monday is a disgrace

Fall meet is late October through Thanksgiving weekend.
by Irishintheville  (2019-05-18 13:53:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Keeneland’s Fall meet runs most of the month of October so it isn’t open either. There are some local events (World Fest and Rock the Water Tower) along with the local alumni club events. The ND game will get top billing. Satterfield’s first game as head coach. It will likely be hotter than hell with many drunk Cods fans.

CD now has a ~2-week meet in September as well
by oggie  (2019-05-20 11:07:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Picked up those dates when Turfway was struggling a few years ago. However, this year's "Autumn" meet doesn't start until 9/13...

Good catch. I didn't go out last fall, but may this year. *
by irishintheville  (2019-05-21 07:27:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I trust you are being sarcastic.... *
by Wolfetone  (2019-05-17 16:48:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What was your first hint?
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-05-18 15:36:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dude *
by Dillon301  (2019-05-18 13:49:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good Lord, dude. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-17 18:54:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Louisville is our peer? *
by Wolfetone  (2019-05-17 19:52:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No. Of course he's being sarcastic! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-17 20:49:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are plenty of White Castle burgers by the sack eating
by Irishintheville  (2019-05-18 13:12:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and Big Red slurping rednecks here in Louisville who would not read it as sarcasm. But I read it as such. Labor Day 8:00 pm kickofff. Thanks Swarby. I plan to be somewhere in Florida drunk and sunburnt.

A sack is the perfect amount of White Castle
by gozer  (2019-05-19 13:38:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Though I’m sure there are some crave case eaters that would go along with that post

Sounds like I'd fit in proper.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-18 14:54:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your post just made me salivate.