Mark Bavaro.... *
by Wolfetone (2019-06-09 20:44:31)

In reply to: Favorite Notre Dame player from a “down” era?  posted by bluengold07

This user did not provide content for this post

"I'm not sure he's All-Pro...but I am sure he's all jungle" *
by irishrock  (2019-06-10 12:07:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was a beast...funny story(more)
by Dangelotti  (2019-06-10 09:30:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My roommate and I were riding the elevator in grace Hall with Mark. My roommate thought it funny to tell an Italian joke (look at my last name). After the punchline, Mark turned to my roommate and said in voice like Rambo “I don’t wanna hear no more Italian jokes ok?” My roomie just smiled and said “sure sure. Whatever you want Mark”.

I also remember him coming to my room the Monday after the 1982 Michigan game. He had put his hand they a window on a door in Grace. He was in the infirmary having gotten stitched up. He was looking for a plastic bag to wrap around his hand so he could take a shower. He still had blood on his shoes. I had to grab a gallon bag to get it over his big mitt.