Most P5 conferences don't have hockey
by El Kabong (2019-07-09 16:35:50)

In reply to: I suspect this was a case of the tail wagging the dog  posted by njdoubledomer

The ACC doesn't, so that's probably why ND isn't in there.

Lax wasn't in the ACC until it decided to put together a league.

The inescapable point is that the ACC is a horrific option
by ACross  (2019-07-09 17:33:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for football.

The debate about whether it was worth it to prop up our other sports is a separate one.

It's not as good as other options
by El Kabong  (2019-07-09 18:05:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For example, the SEC.

It's better than some other options, such as the B1G (an opinion on which I know we disagree).

The P12 and the BXII probably are pushes.

The ACC is by far worse than any you mention *
by ACross  (2019-07-09 18:21:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let me ask you this...
by irisharab  (2019-07-09 19:40:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You say that "the ACC is a horrific option for football."

Let's say that a reasonable argument can be made the the ACC is among the better Power 5 conference options for basketball, soccer, etc.

In your opinion, should the needs of those other sports be taken into consideration when choosing a conference partner, or should the best interests of the football program be paramount, given its history at ND and the revenue that it brings to the school?

I think football should be the driver *
by ACross  (2019-07-09 19:57:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and at UNC/Duke/Georgetown
by jt  (2019-07-09 21:02:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they let their main sport be their driver.