I suspect the problem lies on Georgia's end
by tf86 (2019-09-23 12:22:05)

In reply to: We should make Georgia a regular opponent  posted by ACross

They're already locked into a 9-game conference slate as well as an annual game against Georgia Tech which I believe is legislatively mandated. Adding ND to the mix would only leave them one flex game per season. I don't think they want that.

That said, I don't think we need an annual against a specific opponent, just an annual game against an elite opponent. That game can rotate. I would agree about another home-and-home with Georgia.

Also agree on cutting back the ACC slate to 3 games per year, although that may cost us some money. As for the buy games, I think generating revenue has become too important, and NBC will pay more for a 7-game schedule than they will for a 6-game schedule. About the only consolation there is that we're a little less obnoxious about it than most other programs are.

Nit
by DLD  (2019-09-24 09:27:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Georgia has an eight game conference schedule. An argument can be made that a conference that has an eight game conference schedule artificially inflates their perceived strength of conference due to the scheduling of body bag types of games. This greatly improves one’s chances of winning and thus improving the conference’s overall winning percentage as opposed to a conference that schedules nine conference games and the result of that extra week of conference games will guarantee a .500 record that week.