I guess that 'Top 5 class' Kelly promised is all bluster
by Hanratty5ND (2020-06-27 13:50:10)

In reply to: Recruiting, 6/26 and after, last two years  posted by MrE

I almost don't give a shit anymore.

It's obvious Kelly doesn't. If he gave two shits, he wouldn't have a class that will likely finish outside the top 15. I'm betting it won't even make top 20.

That is what he gets for hiring shit assistants that can't recruit and cover for his own recruiting shortcomings. He always takes the path of least resistance when hiring.

The only thing I really look forward to when it comes to ND football is the day both Swarbrick and Kelly are no longer there. Fuck them both.

You aren't alone. No solace there but true anyway *
by johneye  (2020-06-28 11:37:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was never going to be a top class.
by MrE  (2020-06-27 18:43:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But then again, how could it have been?

Historical data suggests Kelly was not going to deliver a top class.

There’s simply no momentum in the program. Not a single game-changer event that would create that momentum - a new head coach, an inspired coordinator or stud position coach/recruiter hire, a signature win that shows ND is among the elite, a Heisman trophy finalist, nothing.

The market is not buying the "33-6" mantra that ND and it's PR outlets are shouting from the mountaintops.

Nice, succinct post.
by SWPaDem  (2020-06-28 12:02:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A once proud football program now about nothing much in the greatness and excitement categories.

They are the two co-morbidities killing ND football.... *
by Wolfetone  (2020-06-27 17:48:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post