Justice ...
by CJC (2020-09-16 15:33:56)

In reply to: In-depth article on Phil Jurkovec in P'burgh Post-Gazette  posted by SWPaDem

a concept that seems to be on the tips of many people's tongues these days.

I'd propose that in this context justice would be that Jurkovec gets the coaching he has sought out at BC and that our game with BC reflects the relative quarterback coaching/development at each program.

I'm rooting for justice, not rooting against Notre Dame.

I hope he gets all the coaching and ends up a #1 pick
by acrossdmiddle  (2020-09-16 17:45:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I still hope we pound BC into oblivion. I’ll never forgive them for 1993.

Believe me ....
by CJC  (2020-09-16 17:53:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not rooting for BC, not this season and not ever.

But to my unique view, justice would be Jurkovec badly outplaying Book, and that's not because I don't like Book or I want to see him do badly.

But that's what Notre Dame deserves.

I disagree
by pmcdnd96  (2020-09-17 10:29:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Justice is our continued performance in the top 10-15 range (but not cracking the top 10), the powers that be being happy with it, and those of us who see it clearly being bitterly disappointed. Justice will be getting our ass kicked by Clemson, then maybe losing to North Carolina and ending up in the John Deere Tractor Bowl or squeaking by North Carolina and somehow ending up in the ACC championship against Clemson and getting beaten by even more...and ending up in the TransPerfect Motor City Bowl. Kelly and Swarbrick will trumpet the season as a major success.

In other words, we are getting and have been getting exactly what we deserve.

Fair enough and I agree it would be just
by acrossdmiddle  (2020-09-16 20:44:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unfortunately for Jurkovec, Isaiah Foskey is the law.

I'm in that same boat.
by SWPaDem  (2020-09-16 15:39:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Notre Dame fans have the right to see the relative merits of the coach who will be with us for at least 5 more years before Tommy takes over. It's obvious the administration doesn't care a whit.