CFP: ND is #2; PAC-12 and Big-12 have no chance at playoff
by NavyJoe (2020-11-24 19:23:58)
Edited on 2020-11-24 19:24:58

So far so good. PAC 12 still has time to make an impression.
by rockmcd  (2020-11-24 22:21:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Playing fewer games hasn't hurt Ohio St very much. The problem with Oregon and USC isn't just that they haven't played many games, it's that they just don't look like dominant playoff caliber teams. But neither did ND early in the season when we were struggling to put away Duke and Wake Forest. Oregon or USC still have time to flip the script if they start blowing teams out and then one of them makes a statement in their title game. But I won't hold my breath, I just don't think either of those teams are very good.

Nit: Louisville, not Wake Forest. *
by ArasEra  (2020-11-24 22:51:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course. Thanks for catching that. *
by rockmcd  (2020-11-24 22:58:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nit: Oregon is ranked 15th. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-11-24 20:41:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ass-backward logic. my alum buddy hopes we beat UNC
by 84david  (2020-11-24 20:24:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in a close game so they stay ranked (currently 19)
and we get another quality win.

F that, I want to win by 14+.

I’ll take any win over UNC
by BigEND  (2020-11-24 20:27:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am frankly getting more and more concerned about this game by the hour.

I'd take 41-27 right now
by irishrock  (2020-11-24 20:32:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that's my owhf prediction...I've yet to nail one yet, but this is going to be the first

Brian said to start looking ahead
by Tjmcfly  (2020-11-24 19:54:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So I am (apologies, Harvey). I think what most of us are overlooking with this strange year and being in a conference is we have a chance to totally screw a 1-loss Miami team. That makes me happy.

Not like, Michigan losing to Indiana happy, but still happy.

Probably in with only one loss, even if it's a blowout.
by revressbo  (2020-11-24 19:36:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was thinking previously that a blowout loss to Clemson in the ACCCG would eliminate us. Now, I'm not as sure. The committee has Clemson at #3 right now, ahead of OSU. Doesn't look like BYU or the Pac 12 champ will jump us even if undefeated (though you never know) and even if we lose to Clemson by 28. I think we'd still be ahead of A&M in that case given we'd each have blowout losses to top teams, and we'd have a comparable, but slightly better win (Clemson vs. UF). None of the other top-10 teams outside the current top-4 can probably pass us if we finish with only one loss except maybe Cincinnati, and even that I doubt (assuming a Northwestern loss to Ohio State. And if Northwestern beats OSU, we'll finish ahead of the Bucks, so it's kinda irrelevant either way).

What could perhaps mess that up is if Florida upsets Bama in Atlanta. That would probably get both Florida and Bama in, combined with Clemson and Ohio State.

Of course, we can avoid worrying about that by just winning.

Sampson: If ND wins out, it's in the Rose Bowl vs. Ohio St.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-11-24 21:28:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If we lose by 28 to a healthy Clemson team
by athlete37  (2020-11-24 20:25:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it draw some serious doubt on the condition of the Clemson team we beat on November 7th. May make people think that a win over a full strength Florida team is better than beating Clemson at home when they have a ton of injuries... or roughly 5 touchdowns worth of injuries.

True, but the alternative is a Bama-A&M rematch.
by rockmcd  (2020-11-24 22:56:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In that scenario, the quality of A&M's signature win over Florida may be judged by how well or how poorly Florida fares vs Alabama in the SEC title game. If Florida gets blown out then I don't think the committee will have much appetite to pit Bama against an A&M team that they've already blown out. They'll probably just conclude that the entire SEC outside of Alabama is 2nd rate.

Good call *
by athlete37  (2020-11-24 23:39:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Loser talk. The question is, when beat Clemson again, #1? *
by Inigomontoya  (2020-11-24 20:12:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post