are we in on Bobby Taylor's kid?
by jt (2021-01-29 15:45:58)

cornerback at Katy High in Texas.

Oh FFS! I'm tired of reading this crap...
by NDMike2001  (2021-01-30 07:33:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"So, basically, I had just gotten Arizona State, but then my coach said to give coach Joseph a call. I called him and we chopped it up for a few minutes, and then he told me I had an offer from Notre Dame. I was happy. It was a long time coming. I don't mean like I should have got it, but I felt like I earned it. I didn't think it would come this late, but once I finally got it, I was just thankful for it."

The fact that a 4 star legacy is publicly stating this along with Ford’s recent comments is about as damning as it gets.

Its over a year to signing day, and we’re “late”
by 84david  (2021-01-30 11:52:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Man I hate recruiting.

He was offered in June 2020. Summer btw So and Jr year.
by irishaddict  (2021-01-30 12:01:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The idea that we were late to offer is kind of absurd.

And yet we were. Late.
by NDMike2001  (2021-01-30 12:25:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

By the time the article was written he had already been offered by Alabama, Arizona State, Auburn, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M and USC.

Hell that looks like a list of teams his dad probably had interceptions against at ND. And that’s just the list referenced in the article. Per his timeline, 20 schools offered before ND. Elko offered him at A&M 7 months before ND offered.

Is it absurd that kids are offered this early? Sure. But it’s a game that everyone is playing better than we are.

I really don’t think Kelly gives two shits about legacy
by ACross  (2021-01-30 13:34:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Status.

I can’t immediately think of any other than Grunhard, but
by Rosecrea  (2021-01-30 17:36:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m sure I’m forgetting someone

Ronnie Jr coming in
by TB-SB  (2021-01-31 13:31:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both he and Grunhold are preferred walk-ons though, not scholarships.

actually, I was told Powlus is on scholarship. And he's
by jt  (2021-01-31 23:34:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ron Powlus the 3rd, not junior (no big deal, found that out myself on signing day).

Mm, I think he really wants that statue. He wants *that*
by 1NDGal  (2021-01-30 15:02:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

legacy.

I think he actively avoids legacies so as not to have to
by TAR  (2021-01-30 14:48:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Deal with kids and parents that have high expectations for excellence.

Well their parents are alums...so yeah.
by NDMike2001  (2021-01-30 14:28:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s probably hard for him to imagine people having an affinity with an institution. And given his recruiting prowess he wouldn’t see a need to utilize it.

by Hanratty5ND  (2021-01-30 12:38:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND is now focused on the 2022 class. Which is nice. But most of the top schools are way ahead of ND for 2023--no hyperbole.

ND is behind most of the other schools when it comes to offers/contact. I know of many top recruits in the 2023 class who have over 20 offers from the nations elite--but no ND. And many of these are high academic kids.

You can't be continually 'late' every cycle and expect to land top 5 classes.

You sound like a Penn State coach *
by Frank Drebin  (2021-01-29 18:10:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My man! *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2021-01-29 22:33:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hahahahhaha *
by airborneirish  (2021-01-29 21:24:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I chuckled. Does that make me an evil person? *
by ryND  (2021-01-29 18:45:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dude *
by 1NDGal  (2021-01-29 18:37:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

bad . . . so very bad (said while snickering . . . ) *
by other_guy  (2021-01-29 18:25:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All indications are No
by tsl4264  (2021-01-29 16:36:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In July, Taylor released a list of his top 12 schools, which included Arizona State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, USC, Florida State, Arkansas, Auburn and Baylor. He has also indicated a possibility of attending a HBCU. His grandfather, Robert Taylor, who won a silver medal in the 100m and a gold medal on the 4x100m relay in the 1972 Olympics, went to Texas Southern University there in Houston. ND has offered Taylor, but does not appear to be in the running for selection. A&M appears to the front runner.

Interesting - I remember my Aggie family complaining
by ndhouston  (2021-01-30 03:08:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

about ND's unfair recruiting advantage when Bobby Taylor selected Notre Dame 30 years ago. They said that "NBC was doing all of ND's recruiting". Then we wound up in 2 Cotton Bowls against A&M in the next 3 years.

Taylor was a great player opposite Tom Carter. We all wished that he would have played basketball, too, especially after the Ellis/Tower/Sweet/Bennett group left.