B/c there aren’t 27 independents to schedule anymore
by NDCuse (2021-01-29 17:06:00)

In reply to: The real issue is this: why have we diluted our strength o  posted by ACross

Big Ten and SEC teams are reluctant to play a major non conference in the middle of their conference slate.

Yet
by HTownND  (2021-01-30 08:04:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We are playing OSU after they kickoff the conference season in 2023 and have SEC teams in our upcoming schedules, right?

I just glanced at the ‘22 schedule, what a p.o.s.
by GolfJunkie17  (2021-01-30 13:15:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that schedule is.

And yet we're playing
by tf86  (2021-01-31 13:59:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ohio State and USC both on the road, as well as Clemson. Also one game still left to be scheduled.

Edit to add: After looking at the schedule in greater detail, it looks like the one game left to be added probably will be an ACC opponent.

Many schedules suck
by GWINNETTIRISH  (2021-01-31 09:17:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Take a look at Alabama, there best two home games are Texas A&M and Auburn. They have as some here like to say "tomato cans" all over the schedule. Utah State, Austin Peay, UL Monroe. I mean I think if you look at schedules of all the major players in college football they all look the same. Each has 2-4 quality games and a bunch of games they had better have no doubt in winning. I agree there are not many games in that 2022 home slate to get excited about going to see. Like some posted there are not a lot of Independent schools left to schedule out there.

It may be the worst one
by HTownND  (2021-01-30 22:59:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the history of the program.

Two exceptional games then a steaming pile o shit.

The home slate fucking sucks outside 1 game.

Okay I get it
by GWINNETTIRISH  (2021-01-31 12:48:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So show me one or two power 5 teams in 2022 who play a great home schedule. Georgia has Auburn and Tennessee between the hedges and the rest blow. Michigan has Penn State and Indiana and the likes of Hawaii and Colorado state, I mean I get it we want to play great schedules, well with conferences that just isn't happening. To maintain independence we all love somethings have to give.

Aren’t all of those August/September games though? *
by kmurphy173  (2021-01-30 10:20:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

August games are relatively rare
by tf86  (2021-01-31 14:38:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Until recently, were only permitted when Labor Day weekend encompassed the last weekend of August. I think there's been a relaxation of that rule the last few years, however.

I think the OSU
by HTownND  (2021-01-30 11:25:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2023 are late Sept or early Oct after a couple of Big Ten games. The SEC games don’t all have dates yet.

That reluctance isn’t as is stated

Ah, didn’t realize the dates weren’t set yet
by kmurphy173  (2021-01-30 11:56:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was going by the link below

Complete load of crap
by ACross  (2021-01-29 18:27:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is because we have to pay for a $500M stadium and justify itsexistence. So we need 7 home games a year and stay away from home and homes and seek out one offs against tomato cans.

Respectable opponents demand home and homes.

Add a dash of overcommitment to the sogshit ACC and that explains our pathetic schedule. It cannot be glossed over by sprinkling in a single marquee game here and there and hoping somebody vesides Clemson doesnt chow ass.