Not just a 1 time covid related thing?
by bleedsgreen04 (2021-04-15 12:23:20)

In reply to: NCAA to allow transfers to play without sitting out a season  posted by wiNDycityfan

As in this will be a staple of college athletics moving forward?

yes
by tmr779  (2021-04-15 12:48:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

some refer to it as the one-time rule: a student-athlete can transfer once before graduating without sitting out. Think every NCAA Division I sport had this in place except men's and women's basketball, football, men's hockey and mbe baseball. Now it applies across all Division I sports

At least there's the one time rule added to it.
by bleedsgreen04  (2021-04-15 14:33:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I also feel like they should add one that this only applies once you complete 2 years at the university in good standing. I think a lot of kids could just be feeling homesick after their first year and make too quick of a decision based on that alone.

In some ways I could see this as a plus for ND: "hey, if you're worried you won't like it here, just give it a couple years, if it's not for you, you can always go back to the south and play for your local SEC team."

But yeah, far more likely to hurt ND than not as things currently stand IMO.