Worst held secret in media is ESPN plays overlord
by ryND (2021-07-28 21:11:05)

In reply to: Big 12 going after ESPN  posted by jt

with these conferences. Gonna be a long, uncomfortable four years.

I wish we could blow the entire thing up
by Ty Webb  (2021-07-28 22:43:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Get rid of the super conferences, dump the playoffs, etc.

This is an utter shit show that is a train about to go over a cliff.

Not happening - the genie is long out of the bottle. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-07-28 22:55:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes it is, the power 5 (hate that name) will
by ryND  (2021-07-28 22:58:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

break away from the NCAA and set up their own rules. The playoff will expand and conferences will also. Interesting times.

Break away and start our...
by bill_brasky  (2021-07-29 08:31:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

own version of the NCAA. Genius!

Sounds bland and artificial
by BuckeyeJohn05  (2021-07-28 23:20:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess I am in the "blow up it crowd" though I'm not sure what that looks like either.

Local Youngstown St football and 1-AA football is looking more appealing by the moment

FCS
by No Right Turn on Red  (2021-07-28 23:48:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Youngstown is picked to finish ninth in the league this year, so don't get your hopes up.

It will always be 1-AA
by BuckeyeJohn05  (2021-07-28 23:53:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

FCS is dumb.

The Penguins will surprise. Stone

But hasn't ESPN been steadily losing money and subscribers?
by TCIrish03  (2021-07-28 22:22:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know how much longer it will take, but it seems like the bubble will have to burst soon once the market is saturated and interest in football starts to plateau or even wane.

Yes, extensively. But their streaming services seem to be
by ryND  (2021-07-28 22:24:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

doing well. Cable model is all but dead.

Until it’s reinvented in a few years.
by mocopdx  (2021-07-28 22:29:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All of these streaming services are going to cost more than what cable was, very soon. Pretty soon someone will say “hey come to us, you can get the channels you want for one affordable flat fee in a monthly package!”

It’s exactly what Uber/Lyft are doing with the taxi industry right now.

Glad they are being exposed
by BuckeyeJohn05  (2021-07-28 22:18:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I' have never trusted their reporting as being objective. They really damaged the sport

It's not going to last that long
by miamioh_irishfan  (2021-07-28 21:33:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is all going to come to a head this season. They're going whole hog toward the professionalization of the sport and it's over as we know it.

Oh yeah, hell is gonna break loose. *
by ryND  (2021-07-28 21:55:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post