No, I'm saying we wouldn't lose 6 games "minimum"
by Chicagond99 (2021-10-19 13:24:55)

In reply to: So you're going to stand pat that we'd only lose 5 games?  posted by tdiddy07

And would be much better than 5-6 against that slate. You can toss out the Toledo win this year if you want, so you can make the schedules even with number of games.

When you lose to a team, they have a better resume overall. So, for example, if we lost to 7-4 BC, you'll say "This is a fairly solid 8-4 team". But if we beat them, then they're "just another 7-5 team". If Wisconsin ends up 7-5 this year (which is probably the most likely outcome), you're discounting that win. But if we lost that game, they theoretically would finish 8-4, then you call them a pretty good team. You're basically assuming a harder SOS when we are shittier. And the fact is Sagarin has us rated as the 6th best schedule so far (yes, I know that will drop a lot), and we are 5-1 against it and ranked #13. Not a stellar season or one to get too excited about. But to say that this team would be worse than the 5-6 2001 squad. Their SOS was 14 according to Sagarin, so I'm not saying they played a terrible slate. But I don't think 2021 ND would be 5-6 against the 14th ranked schedule this year.

Replies: